Saturday, November 6, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Days 160 and 161

Blessings and Thanksgiving:

1. Listening to “Everybody Dance Now” at a Dance-a –thon hosted by Metropolitan Ballet. The rhythm rumbles through my muscles and pours movement through me.

2. I meant to sit and write, but hey, Zumba class was too fun to pass up.

3. I wrote 1500 words in an hour, and then more later.

4. Then, I meant to sit and write some more, but Bollywood class was too fun to pass up.

5. My muscles received a wake up after a long coma.

6. Sweat – yes, I’m thankful for sweat. It’s way better than panting like a dog.

7. A Free Writer’s Workshop hosted by my local library. My local library is awesome!!!

8. A Writer’s Coach: The Complete Guide to Writing Strategies That Work by Jack Hart.

9. Polishing up a piece of writing in the workshop.

10. Meeting writers. Each of us is unique, and we love storytelling and words.

11. Focusing on the craft of writing for three hours.

12. Regaining momentum for my NaNoWriMo.

13. Knowing my Theme for The Crystal Sword: Only faith defeats darkness.

14. Getting my character back into the plot, even if takes tripping her up, and sending her sliding on her backside into the right place.

15. My kids have been dancing all day.

16. My house is still a mess, but writing and dancing make us happy.

17. Free Movie Night last night at my church brought 225 people in the sanctuary on a Friday night – some family faces, some friends, some new faces.

18. Toy Story 3 warms the heart, jiggles the belly with laughter, and tears up the eyes.

19. My husband brought my tap shoes to the studio – I’m tap dancing in less than 30 minutes!

20. A Dance-A-Thon supporting Celebrate His Birth, a nativity ballet.

21. God gives us life that is truly life, joy that is truly joy, and rest that is truly rest for the soul. I don’t always think rest looks like sleeping on a white cloud . . . sometimes it looks like a dance, changing up the rhythm of a weekly grind.

Scripture Blessings:
"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life."
1 Timothy 6:18-19

1 comment:

Golden Eagle said...

That's a lot of writing!

Dancing is so much fun. :D