Wednesday, November 3, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Day 158 and Thanksgiving!

Blessings and Thanksgiving! It's all good:

1. Walking in the bright sunshine of a warm November morning. It feels like we are having an extremely late summer.

2. Watching my daughters circle on their bicycles in the driveway.

3. The Trojan War by Olivia Coolidge - a shortened, slightly cleaned up version of The Iliad that we are reading for homeschooling.

4. Hearing the praises and prayers of our Joyful Giving class tonight.

5. Excitement for the next movie night . . . coming this Friday.

6. Peppermint sticks made with sugar and not corn syrup. Yay! Sweet tooth indulgence!

7. My Rhodesian Ridgeback gives hugs, and my Beagle leans in affection.

8. Over 5,000 words written for NaNoWriMO.

9. Characters living in my head for short periods of time . . . I love my plot outline, but they are having some arguments. A snotty character showed up on the page today when I was writing quickly and started an argument with my MC. Whoa, where did that come from?

10. My poem, "Black Diamonds" was accepted by Every Day Poets!!! Woohoo! And two other poems came back with requests for changes - they could still make the grade, with a bit of tweaking.

11. God is large and in charge.

Scripture Blessings:"I rejoice in the Lord greatly that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned for me, but had no opportunity to show it. Not that I am referring to being in need; for I have learned to be content with whatever I have. I know what it is to have little, and I know what it is to have plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being well-fed and hungry, of having plenty and of being in need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:10-13 NRSV

No comments: