Wednesday, May 3, 2023

IWSG MAY 2023

 

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!
Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.
The awesome co-hosts for the May 3 posting of the IWSG are Joylene Nowell Butler, Ronel Janse van Vuuren, Meka James, Diane Burton, Victoria Marie Lees, and M Louise Barbour!

Many thanks to Alex J. Cavanaugh for starting this wonderful group!

Optional Question for the month: When you are working on a story, what inspires you?

Such an awesome question deserves a thorough answer, but as this post goes out I'll be on vacay, so I'll make it short.

I find inspiration everywhere - in the way sunlight and shadow play across the grass, in the news, in my faith life, in music, in conversations, in activities and work done by friends and family members, and in books and movies I've read or seen (especially when I want them to go a little differently). 

Often, these kinds of things jumble together in my brain and after I have a run with them in my imagination, I'm ready to let them pour out on the page. 

What inspires you?



And, if you really miss me and want to read more, check out my Kindle Vellas or my books.

Dark Blade: Forged on Kindle Vella

The Rayatana Series


24 comments:

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Have fun on vacay!

I'm like you, inspiration can come from anywhere!

Jemi Fraser said...

I'm with you - everything I see and experience niggles its way into my brain. after a while, some of them coalesce into a story :)
Enjoy your vacation!

M.J. Fifield said...

I can find inspiration in a lot of places, but music is probably my biggest source.

Enjoy your vacation!!

Rachna Chhabria said...

Enjoy your vacay.

I too find inspiration everywhere :)

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Tyreann--that is a wonderful answer! Happy IWSG Day.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Like putting it all in a blender.
Enjoy your vacation!

Arlee Bird said...

Your uncomplicated answer illustrates an ultimate writing truth. A writer needs to let imagination be boundless and daring. The inspiration is all around us.

Lee

Patricia JL said...

Have fun on vacation!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You are very observant.

Enjoy your vacation.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Have fun on your vacation! Yes, inspiration is all around us.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Elizabeth - I love the way imagination works..

Tyrean Martinson said...

I love the way all the different things come together.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Music is great for character moods, but I'm a little envious of how music works for other writers.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Joylene - Thank you!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - yes, like that..

Tyrean Martinson said...

Arlee - yes!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Natalie

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

The more attuned we are to the world around us, the more inspired we can become.

Nick Wilford said...

Everything is inspiration. Anything we experience has the potential to get funnelled into a story somehow.

jabblog said...

Don't look for it and inspiration may come to you.

Eden "Kymele" Mabee said...

Inspiration comes from being aware of possibilities.... :-)

Loni Townsend said...

Hope you have a great vacations! Love that you find inspiration everywhere!

J.Q. Rose said...

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Places, people and things inspire me too. Hope your vacation inspires you too, but take time to relax too.