Monday, April 10, 2023

A Personal Poetry Challenge for National Poetry Month

 I decided, late in March, to take on a personal poetry challenge for National Poetry Month: to write one poem a day, and no matter how good or bad it was, I would share it on my IG poetry page. Ten days into the month, and I feel pretty good. 


True, not every poem has been good, but I am thankful for what I've written. I'm going to keep going for the month of April. Plus, I am making some plans for what is coming next here on my website and on Substack. 


For now, here are the poems I've written for April 2023:












Do you write poetry?

Would you like to join me in writing poetry?

5 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Beautiful poems. Tea Time made me want to go make a cup a tea. I'm not a poet, but I admire people who are.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I used to write poetry, but I don't think I was very good at it. These are lovely.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I am horrible at poetry. Though, I did win a blue ribbon in the PTA poetry challenge in the 6th grade...

M.J. Fifield said...

Love your Late Night poem!

These days, I mostly write haiku, but I always enjoy the experience of creating any poem.

Best of luck with your challenge this month!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

It sounds like you're enjoying the challenge! I wish you continued fun with it. :)