Wednesday, March 2, 2022

IWSG MARCH 2022: Conflict, Books, A Message, and News

 

Thank you, Alex J. Cavanaugh, for leading this group!

The awesome co-hosts for the March 2 posting of the IWSG are Janet Alcorn, Pat Garcia, Natalie Aguirre, and Shannon Lawrence!

IWSG AND WRITING

OPTIONAL March 2 question - Have you ever been conflicted about writing a story or adding a scene to a story? How did you decide to write it or not?

In short: Yes. 

How did I decide to write it or not? I journaled about it. I wrote a sample starter of the scene/story, and then I decided.


I'm keeping today's post fairly short because I know we're all stretched for time and energy these days, plus, if you want to hang out with me longer, just consider lifting some prayers up for world peace. I'll be doing the same from my corner of the world - so we'll be praying together. 

NEWS

I've been pouring a bit more into my newsletter these days. If you want to check it out, go here:
My theme for this month was courage:

A MESSAGE 

Way back a bit, the Pastor of my church asked several people to give messages at worship. I said yes and gave a message on February 13 entitled: Hold On, Trust God, Consider Jesus. If you really want to see it, you can. FYI: I'm not a fan of my current health and look, but I am working on it at the gym and I need to step out of my shell if I'm going to change. 

Publication:

I had five short pieces published by Nail Polish Stories: A Tiny and Colorful Literary Journal in January. Read them here, starting with "My Pointe Exactly."

Ongoing Series

Dark Blade: Forged is an ongoing series for Kindle Vella. I had a bit of an oops week one week in February. My mom went to the ER again. Lots of life stuff going on, but I keep coming back to it so if you miss an episode, please come back. 

Music

I finished a full acapella song for worship at my church and Pastor Peter Churness put some guitar chords to it. It's something I plan to record and produce. Still figuring this all out, so it might be a bit. 

Rayatana, Book 3? What happened here?

I have it on my desk and I have editing notes on it, but... I let it slide a bit. It will probably be six months more before it's truly ready for the world. 

Podcast(s)

I'll be podcasting with my church again and our new podcast series is starting today for Lent.
I plan to start a podcast of my own, but it's not all ready yet. 

And Health/Wellness News:
My health is improving slowly but steadily in a turtle-like fashion. My docs (plural) are still trying to figure out the best medication level for my thyroid problem (it keeps changing). 
I joined a gym. I decided to opt for some coaching and strength training, along with 10,000 steps a day and other on-my-own exercises. I'm stronger and more energetic than I was five-six weeks ago, but I have a long, long ways to go. One step at a time.




 Have any news to share?

15 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Congrats on the stories, Tyrean!

Hope your mother is doing okay.

And the fact that you're feeling stronger and more energetic now than you were is huge - well done!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Giving that message is awesome! And wow, I am exhausted reading all that you do.

Janet Alcorn said...

You are truly multi-talented--wow!

Glad to hear your health is improving. Sounds like you're taking some good steps (pun intended :-) ) to feel better. Congrats!

I'd love to learn more about your experience with Kindle Vella. I've considered giving it a try.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Prayers for world peace are so crucial at this time.

Leigh Caron said...

Wow! You definitely have a full plate. Prayers for your mom's health and yours. Love the quotes from C.S. Lewis.

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling stronger and more energetic than before. Hope that trend continues for you. Hope your mom's doing better, too. Love to you & your family!

cleemckenzie said...

Having 5 stories out is a great accomplishment! Huge congrats to you, Tyrean.

I loved the image of the cat with its lion shadow. A perfect metaphor for courage.

Liza said...

Taking that suggested time to pray.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Wishing you and your mom better health. My FitBit is set for 10,000 steps but I always try to go over 15,000. (And wow, does that take a lot of time.)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on your publications. That's awesome. Hope your health improves and that you can keep up your exercise plan. I try to exercise almost every day and it helps with my mental health too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your story publications! How affirming!

Just reading your schedule exhausts me! It's wonderful that you have so many options to get yourself back to optimum health. And one step at a time is the only way to do it.

Definitely joining you in prayers for world peace. 🙏🏻

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tyrean - yes you are most certainly achieving things, as you progress with your health improvements - all the best to you and your mother with continued wellness. You've shamed me ... I must get a move on with many things - cheers and all the best - and my thoughts are with Ukraine. Hilary

Mark said...

Cool that you're working on your newsletter again:) I always find it takes a lot of motivation to do it, so if you discover any tips, let me know ;)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Prayers for your health and your mothers And constant prayers for our world. I keep wondering..is this how my grandmas felt on the eve of WW2? It's scary stuff!!

H. R. Sinclair said...

I hope your health improves quickly. {{hugs}} I started a newsletter at the end of last year--and to my surprise I'm finding that I like it.