Sunday, September 26, 2021

Early Release?! and Times of Color

Early Release?!

All of the Nexus Book Party Plans are in motion and I am thankful for everyone's help!

Chrys Fey has been my editor for Liftoff and Nexus. 

Carrie Butler has been my cover artist and interior formatter.

Without them, Liftoff and Nexus would not be half as beautiful as they are.

Last week on Monday, I re-discovered a dilemma I haven't had to deal with in a while: it is impossible to get a regular paperback copy of my book via KDP without hitting publish first. It's possible to order proof copies, but not the "good" copies I can sell.

Yes, I am also publishing through Ingram Spark, but...well, let's just say I feel like I have some user-tech issues with the platform there, so I decided to rely on KDP for my first book signing copies on October 4th.

So...Nexus is out early!


I'll add in the blurb and all info in next week's post when it's more "official."

In addition to Chrys Fey and Carrie Butler, I have awesome author friends who are helping me with the Book Celebration via in-person, blog, and other online events. Thank you, all!

The Book Party Celebration Schedule is coming on October 4th!

Dates, times, and places will be released on that day.

If you want to come to a live, in-person event and you live in the South Sound, Gig Harbor-Tacoma area, come to BBQ2U in Gig Harbor between October 4-10. I will be there most days at lunch and every evening. 


BBQ2U is a local, casual, and very generous restaurant supporting local artists and authors with an ongoing book and artist table. A friend set up my time there. Thank you, Larry Fowler from the Greater Gig Harbor Literary Society! 

I will also be spending most of Saturday the 9th at the Grit City Comic Con, then returning to BBQ2U for a bit of the evening BBQ crowd. It's going to be a busy week. 

In addition to all of my news, I'm excited to highlight H.R. Sinclair's newest non-fiction release:



A Note from H.R. Sinclair: This book is for people who love color, history, trivia, and superstitions. I’ve collected bits of information on color ideas around the world, added a color thesaurus, and color descriptors as well as places and things that are predominantly one color that a writer could drop into a scene if they’re looking for a pop of color. But this is not just for writers, it’s for everyone who’s fascinated with color.
There more information on this page: https://www.iamhrsinclair.com/the-life-and-times-of-color/

Sample Pages
Links: 


Do you find the meaning and history of color interesting? Check out H.R.'s book!


8 comments:

H. R. Sinclair said...

Yes, it would be nice to get early print books that are not "proof books." I like the cover--it's very moody. :)

Thanks for the shout out!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on your book release. I can’t rennet if I told you but I could shout out about it in FollowerNews in October. Email me if you’re interested.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tyrean - excellent you've got some bloggers' help - everyone's great here. Good luck with the releases ... and I'm sure Alex will add them in.

Good to see you promoting Holly and her colours ... I know color!... all the best to you both - cheers Hilary

Tyrean Martinson said...

HR - Thank you! :)

Natalie - I knew I forgot to send an email. Thank you for the reminder!

Patricia - yeah. I know it's possible to do it differently through Ingram Spark, but they have stated they are behind due to a paper shortage.

Hilary - Thank you!

Chrys Fey said...

I am so happy for your release!

I, too, wish that KDP let us get author copies before publication day. It'd be so much easier if they let us do that, but I bet they won't ever let us do that because they think people will abuse that privilege and not end up publishing their book at all (because they only want a few copies for themselves). *sigh*

Tyrean Martinson said...

I didn't think of that reasoning, but I guess that makes sense for them. I definitely want my books to sell, which means having them at live book events.
Someday I will be organized enough in advance to have the timing work out.

cleemckenzie said...

Great news, Tyrean and H.R. I'm glad to give you both a shout-out if you'd like. The Oct 4th event sounds like fun!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you, C. Lee!