Friday, April 25, 2014

A to Z: V and Do You Have Goals Check In



The A to Z Challenge is underway this year, thanks to the awesome hosts and minions. Special thanks to Arlee Bird for starting this amazing blogging challenge!!! For more information about this challenge, go to the website!

Primary theme: World of Aramatir (Setting for The Champion Trilogy) Glossary
Secondary Theme: World-Building Questions and Thoughts

V

Valeriy – Ambassador from Aerland, human

Valterra – capital of Aerland

Veness – a member of the Dark Sisterhood Coven, and care-taker of the nagi

World Building Thought/Question: Through what view will the reader see your world? The villain's view? The hero's view? The hero's best friend's view? (Holmes and Watson are an example of this last one)

Do You Have Goals Check-In: Just a quick check-in this month from me. This month's progress: nearly nil. I'm completely caught up in life with school work (teaching, and more teaching), and family events (Vacation at Whistler, Paddler's Cup for my youngest, a driver's permit for my oldest, and a niece's Wedding). I think by this time this airs (pre-posting), I'll be in final format mode for Champion in Flight . . . I hope. I'm far behind my goals for CiF and it's driving me nuts.

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Be tough to write from the villain's view.
Don't stress. I'm behind on my goals as well.

Misha Gerrick said...

Yep. I'm pretty sure April kicked almost everyone's ass. Even those of us that didn't do A to Z.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I have a few scenes written from the villain's view - and they are actually kind of fun - but I wouldn't want to see the whole story that way.
And thanks for the encouragement, Alex!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It's been a tough month - a crazy, busy tough month, and I'm looking forward to May.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Behind on my goals, too. I think I set my expectations too high. A-Z was a lot more work than I anticipated. More fun, though, too. :)

cleemckenzie said...

I'm so far behind I can see the back of my head. Terrifying. Not the back of my head, the fact that I know I'll never catch up.

Tonja Drecker said...

I feel like throwing my goals to the wind, I'm so far behind. If I had done A-Z, I don't even want to think how chaotic it would have gotten. So congratulations on pulling it through!

SK Anthony said...

LOL @ Lee!

Okay. I'll tell you how behind I am with goals...I was going to join the DYHG hop and didn't get to it. Then again April is just too crazy. Ugh.
Anyway, so far I have written in hero's POV but want to play around with third person POV soon. Definitely not the hero's best friend though lol...

Tyrean Martinson said...

LOL - you use words so well to describe exactly how I feel. Thank you. I hope we can all get ourselves back on track in May. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, T! I'm hoping we all get a second wind in May.

Julie Flanders said...

Another one who is behind in my goals. I really need to buckle down over the summer. I'm so intrigued by the Dark Sisterhood Coven!

Cherie Reich said...

I do usually write from the hero's view, but I have a few stories that will let the villain have a say too. Good luck with your goals!