Thursday, March 24, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Day 299

Giving thanks for some amazing blessings:

1. I received the Powerful Woman Writer Award from Deidra at A Storybook World. Thank you Deidra! I'm passing this on to:
The Golden Eagle
Karen Lange at Write Now
Angie at Notes from the Writing Chair
Jill Kemerer
Melissa at Through the Looking Glass
and Carol Riggs at Artzicarol Rambling

2. I have a poem published with Yahoo Associated Content, which is interesting, and pretty cool at the same time. Check it out - New Hope You have to look carefully for the last three words, placed under the changing advertisement. This is an adventure in publishing for me, and at this point I'm just checking it out and seeing if the process, and payment is worth it.

3. Hula-hooping with my daughters this afternoon.

4. Free Dress week at the Dance Studio.

5. Gumball machines.

6. Practicing tap steps while writing a blog post!

7. Our Monday Homeschool Co-op is having a coin drive for relief efforts in Japan.

8. A really, really nice lady from our dance studio is dropping off my youngest daugther's ski jacket - which she left at the dance studio earlier.

9. Playing the medieval game, Fox and Geese, with my oldest daughter as a fun part of our homeschool history. Here's a link for The Rules of Fox & Geese and a fancy looking board set. We just used a piece of paper with a pen made board, and pennies for our geese, and a dime for our fox. It's amazing that such a game of "unequal" sides can be won by either side - the 13 geese, or the lone fox - depending on how you play.

10. My youngest daughter's recent enthusiasm for scrapbooking!

11. The Lord is patient with us.

Scripture Blessings:
Psalm 86:15-16
But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.
Turn to me and have mercy on me;
show your strength in behalf of your servant;
save me, because I serve you
just as my mother did.

6 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Oh my, thank you Tyrean! Sorry I've not been around; crazy days have left me hit or miss in the blogosphere. What a wonderful surprise!

Congrats to you on the award; you are an encouragement and inspiration!
Many thanks and blessings to you,
Karen :)
P.S. Hugs too!

Carol Riggs said...

Well aren't you sweet! Thanks for passing the award onto me, and congrats to you for getting it! Fun to see your continuing list of blessings. :) I don't know how I missed this post when I went thru my Google Reader, but I appreciate you letting me know! :)

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the award, and thank you so much for passing it on to me! :) I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with posts--thanks for telling me about it!

Angie said...

Ah, thanks for the award. Sorry I missed it earlier.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Tyrean -

Congrats on the award and published poem! Your lists always make me smile. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you ladies!!!