Tuesday, October 26, 2010

365 Days of Blessings, Days 148, 149, and 150

Wow! Three Days . . . I've been counting my blessings in my head, but I've fallen behind on my posts.

1. My husband helping my daughters with their costumes.

2. Costumed birthday parties.

3. A funny modern retelling of the prodigal son parable.

4. Multi-colored knee high socks.

6. Fun shoelaces.

7. Free Dress Week at the Dance Studio.

8. Jasmine, Pink Lady, Punk Rock Dancer, and Water Fairy all in a row on the dance studio couch.

9. Tiny, pumpkin shaped candles.

10. Microwaves . . . I'm glad they were invented.

11. Thermos jugs that keep dinner warm when a microwave isn't an option.

12. Making it through three doctor appointments, three lessons, a long line at a gas station, and many, many red lights . . . we were late a few times, but stayed safe and mostly sane.

13. Overhearing my husband explain one of his favorite on-line games to a six year old boy.

14. That same six year old boy showing us how many push-ups he can do, and proudly wearing his new yellow karate belt all around the dance studio.

15. Have I mentioned that the dance studio families start to seem like blood relations after awhile?

16. Moms and dancers, and uncles, brothers, sisters, and . . . well, you get the idea, especially when new costumes are enthusiastically put on, or even when they aren't . . . just witnessed an extremely talented 10 year old dancer lay down on the couch and say, "oh, mom, now?" Makes me laugh.

17. Sparkles.

18. 25 cents worth of candy.

19. Tiny purses that just hold enough . . . wallet, cell-phone, change, keys, and a few pens and scrap paper.

20. Dancers leaping.

21. Bridges.

22. Cars . . . yes, I’m thankful for them.

23. Lights reflected on water.

24. Warm sweaters.

25. Warmth.

26. Carpooling with family.

27. That feeling that you get when you are almost home . . .

28. Turning into the driveway.

29. The joyous welcome of dogs.

30. God’s welcoming arms, every time we turn to Him in prayer.

Scripture Blessings:

"I will go back to my Father and say to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' So he got up and went to his father.
But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him."
Luke 15:18-20

1 comment:

Golden Eagle said...

Who doesn't love fun shoelaces?! :D