Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Stuff Coming Soon- 365 Days of Blessings - Day 59

New Stuff Coming Soon!!!

Thinking carefully over these last few months, I realized that I need to make some changes to my 365 Days of Blessings project. I fully intend to continue to honor the call that I feel to count up, and be thankful for the blessings in my life, and share them, but I hope to encourage others to do the same. So, I'm going to make some minor changes.

Each day I will share a blessing that someone else has shared with me, for example, if someone who reads my blog says - "hey, I'm thankful for indoor plumbing today" I'll include that in my list. Or if one of my family members or off-line friends shares a blessing with me, I'll put that on my list.

I also plan to highlight blogs, websites, and organizations that have blessed my life, and will be giving out a "Blessed Blog" award each week on Friday.

These may not be the only changes I make, but these are the start of new stuff coming soon.

365 Days of Blessings, Day 59
These are just some of the many blessings that I am thankful for today:

1. God is the author and revealer of mysteries and wonders.

2. The book of Daniel in the Bible. Some of my favorite Sunday School Bible stories are in this book.

3. My cat Emily honored me with her presence on my lap this morning as I read my Bible.

4. The cross necklace I made at the Creation Fest Kids' Grove. I lost my last cross several months ago, and even if this one is a wood cross with plastic beads on a string, it has just as much meaning.

5. Visiting with my parents yesterday when they finally arrived home from their long trip to the Holy Land. They had delayed flights from New York to Seattle. They had, and still have, many stories to tell.

6. My mom's generous, giving heart. She loves to give gifts, and gave each of us something from her trip.

7. I am surrounded by various shades of green, and I love green.

8. My daughter's determination to work with dolphins someday. When looking at handouts from a Christian university at the Creation Festival, she wanted to know if they had a Marine Biology program. She has wanted to be a marine biologist since she turned six or seven. Of course, she has also wanted to be a dancer or a dance instructor since she turned five. So far, she's living part of one dream (dancing) and researching the other.

9. I'm thankful that my oldest daughter's interest in sharks and shark research has waned, and her interest in river dolphins has grown. I'm a wimp, and I didn't really want to see her swimming with sharks someday.

10. My youngest daughter's birthday is today. I am blessed by her life, her creativity, and the priveledge God gave me in raising her. (more about how much she has blessed my life coming tomorrow)

Shared Blessings
My youngest daughter shared with me yesterday that she is thankful that Grandma and Grandpa are home.

Do you have a blessing that you want to share? Just post it in the comment section, and I'll post it tomorrow in my Shared Blessings section.

"He (God) reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him."
Daniel 2:22


Earlier I forgot to add my website for the day. This awesome site, like many others, has blessed me with great recipes for my allergy free cooking endeavors. For awesome chocolate cake that's egg free, and dairy free, just use the recipe as it is. For gluten free cake, just substitute your favorite flour mix, add 2 teaspoons guar gum, and again, you have an awesome cake.

Egg Free, Dairy Free Moist Chocolate Cake

1 comment:

Jill Kemerer said...

I am thankful for a peaceful heart today.