Monday, May 2, 2011

365 Days of Blessings, Days 335 and 336

In the midst of vacation, and the A to Z Challenge, I realized something . . . I've gotten off count for my Days of Blessings. I should be on Day 337, or so . . . so what happened? Did I skip several days? (fixed it since I wrote this)

Not being sure, I decided to start walking through my older posts and figure this dilemma out. So far, I've found miscounted days like Day 67, followed by Day 67. What? Basically I repeated numbers and lost count of which day I was on in the Challenge. Oops. So, I'll be going through my old posts, day by day, to figure out where I've miscounted, and if I've skipped any days. It's kind of embarassing to admit to such simple clerical errors, but I'm going to find them all and fix them by the end of the challenge.

So, on with the housecleaning! On-line and at home!

Blessings for today (and yesterday too):

1. One last day of Boogie boarding at the beach on Maui! Fun, sun, sand, and warm water! Plus, family!!!

2. One last shave ice, in the perfect combination of flavors: coconut, banana, and passionfruit! Yum!

3. One last shave ice that my youngest daughter loves: lemon lime, and one last smoothie that my oldest daughter loves: Mango, Strawberry, Banana.

4. My husband finally found the Hawaiian shirt he was looking for at an ABC store.

5. A wooden surfboard bookmark - that's my kind of souvenier.

6. Writing lesson plans on a plane flight.

7. My daughters getting out their homework for co-op on the plane with no prompting for me.

8. My daughters sharing their Sign Language and Latin homework with each other, and helping each other review.

9. A 11 year old sitting behind us practicing her Spanish for her co-op.

10. Homecoming hugs from Grandparents, dogs, and even our cat.

11. Waking up to teach Writing and Shakespeare!

12. Lots of caffeinated tea.

13. Getting a second wind partly through the morning.

14. Realizing that I had come to the end of my lesson plans for the day, and having my students suggest a review game for Shakespeare. I am so thankful for that.

15. Homeschool co-op yearbooks are in, and they are sweet.

16. Class lists were posted today for next year.

17. Having students signed up for the classes I'll teach next year.

18. Only two more weeks of co-op, and I'm going to miss some of my students. They have been so wonderful!!!

19. My daughters excited enthusiasm for class this afternoon. They stayed home and slept in, and then went to co-op in the afternoon with my husband, who stayed home from work today.

20. Finishing my blessings post in a super short amount of time . . . so many blessings to count, and not enough time.

21. The Lord has the whole world in His hands.

Scripture Blessings:

"The heavens declare the glory of God,
the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1

3 comments:

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Great blessings indeed. :)

Karen Lange said...

I've done stuff like that! Oh well. I think it's great that you've kept up with this. :) Great things to be thankful for. My fave might be #12...
Blessings,
Karen

Joanne said...

Love your blessings list. Shaved ice is the best thing on a hot day! YUM! Blessings, Joanne