Monday, May 30, 2011
365 Days of Blessings, Days 362, 363, and 364
Memorial Day and 365 Days of Blessings, Days 362, 363, and 364
Today I'm giving thanks for:
1. Being nearly at my finish line for the 365 Days of Blessings Challenge.
2. Blessings Blogfest - tomorrow!!! Sign up and join us, if you haven't already - just click on the Blessings Blogfest button on the right side of the screen.
3. Getting all or at least most of my clerical errors fixed, and skimming through a year's worth of blessings to do that.
4. Reading through my blessings for the year has been a learning experience for me.
5. All the bloggers who have been with me through this Blessings Challenge this last year. I appreciate all the words of encouragement, and all the shared blessings! Thank you!!!!
6. Planning a two week sabbatical from the internet. I love blogging, I love facebook, but my husband and I have decided to take a two week break from June 1st thru June 14th.
7. I'll be back on June 15th!!!
8. I'll have a poem published on June 15th at Every Day Poets!!!
9. My kids will be finished with school by June 15th!
10. June 15th is a field day.
Ok . . . sorry about the June 15th excitement. It is obviously looming large in my mind as an important date.
In non-June 15th blessings, I'm thankful for:
1. The wonderful bloggers who have signed up for the Blessings Blogfest tomorrow!!! You rock! (And I mean that in a highly complimentary way)
2. Memorial Day is today.
3. My mom and I are gathering flowers from our yards this morning to put by gravesides. Daisies, rhodedendrons, maybe even some appleblossoms will be our fare this morning. We always try to find our flowers, and not buy them. It's a family tradition of sorts, and then we arrange them by our loved ones graves, and scatter a few more by gravesides in the cemetary.
4. Memorial Day is a good day to honor all those who have served in the military, and to honor those who have gone before us in this journey of life.
5. My youngest daughter has birthday invitations already made for her birthday in late July, and has even handed them out. She is very organized.
6. My oldest daughter read yesterday during worship, and did a wonderful job. I'm proud of her for reading, especially since she had to overcome her fear of stumbling over her braces to do it.
7. Blue braces make me smile. I wish there were those kind of color options when I had braces.
8. Monopoly with speed dice makes for a highly charged and fast game.
9. We watched Daddy Day Care last night, and I still love that movie, especially the part when they find out the little boy who they can't understand is speaking Klingon.
10. My husband's love of softball, and the fact that he stays after practice to play ball with the players' kids.
And just for fun, I thought I would throw in 10 Picture Blessings for this year:
2. Eager to Walk
3. The Kids in Whistler Village
3. My youngest snorkeling (my husband took this shot with an inexpensive underwater camera)
4. My oldest meeting a turtle
5. Going beyond the limits
6. Entering the lava tube caves
7. Life in the crater.
8. One of our new favorite activities (unfortunately, I couldn't find a good still shot, and this is near the end of the day) If I can get my hubby to show me how to grab a "still" off of a video, I might be able to replace it later today.
9. A helping hand
10. Wonderful family
11. Into the adventure
"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord." Psalm 89:15