Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day, and 365 Days of Blessings, Days 340, 341, 342, and 343

Mother's Day and 365 Days of Blessings, Days 340 thru 343 - all in one theme

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Mom's Day Blessings, from my Mom:
1. My mom taught me how to love, even when love is hard.

2. My mom has always talked to me like I matter.

3. My mom has always expected me to be great, and brags about me, even when I don't feel like I've done anything to brag about.

4. My mom always has time for conversation.

5. My mom read to me every night, from fun books and the Bible, when I was growing up.

6. My mom (and Dad) always had a big good night hug for me.

7. My mom has a wonderful laugh.

8. My mom likes to give. She's a generous lady with her time and her talents.

9. My mom loves to walk, to play, and to have adventures. She stops to smell the flowers, wonder at the plants, and look to the horizon. She likes to have family vacations, and explore the world with family.

10. My mom loves the Lord, and her journey of faith has influenced my own.


Mom's Day Blessings, from my Mom-in-law:

1. She gave birth to my husband, and raised him through all the tough times . . . like when he kicked the preacher, bit the principal, set off the fire alarm at church, continued to put objects in the electrical sockets, took apart her sewing machine, and put artwork on her walls.

2. She encouraged my husband's talents by letting him tinker in the garage. He was known as John "Clink-clink" Martinson because of the sounds coming of their garage.

3. She let him have freedom when he needed it, by letting him ride around the neighborhood on his very own dirtbike. She had courage.

4. She kissed his cheeks, gave him hugs, and showed him how to treat others with love and affection.

5. She taught him how to ski, and gave him a love of the snow.

6. She took him and his siblings with her on vacations, even if it meant being embarassed by the fact that he wore his baseball cap everywhere they went in Europe when he was 14.

7. She blessed my marriage with her son.

8. She took time to get to know me when my husband and I were engaged.

9. She treats me with love and kindness.

10. She has shown me how courage, determination, and perseverance can get a person through serious illness, and beyond it. She also knows how to laugh, even in the toughest times.


Mom's Day Blessings - from my husband:
1. My husband came with me to 12 hours of Natural Birth Instruction, twice.

2. My husband sat with me through a 27 hour labor, which started out as home in the hopes for a natural home birth, and ended in the hospital with a c-section. He stood by me, encouraged me, and protected me through all of that time.

3. My husband took two weeks off from work when our first child was born so he could help with her care, with the laundry, with the cooking, and the housework.

4. My husband, due to experience taking care of his oldest niece, knew more about babies than I did when our first was born. He showed me how to diaper, burp, and carry our baby more efficiently, comfortably and sweetly.

5. My husband taught both of our children to be comfortable in the kitchen, the garage, the house, on skis and in the water.

6. My husband encouraged me when I wanted to try home natural birth one more time. We labored together for sixteen hours, and when it came time for me to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency c-section, he was a pillar of strength, making sure our oldest daughter was cared for, and getting to the hospital before the ambulance did (the ambulance drivers took the wrong turn).

7. My husband took a week off work to help me transition to caring for two daughters, and to help with all the household stuff.

8. My husband stayed up nights with our daughters when they needed it as infants and toddlers, giving me breaks when I was exhausted.

9. My husband takes his role as a Dad very seriously, but with humor too. He knows how to make us all laugh.

10. My husband has made my mother's days full of joy.


Mother's Day Blessings - from my daughters:

1. My oldest daughter has plans to help me with all the meals today.

2. My youngest has been hard at work on a hand-made craft for me for a couple of days now, keeping me out of her room. I can't wait to see it.

3. My oldest daughter has a wonderful, quirky imagination.

4. My youngest daughter has a sense of fairness, and kindness. She tries to make sure that everyone is treated with kindness and respect.

5. My oldest daughter has confidence in any social situation. If there is laughter, she laughing. If there is an argument, she makes peace. If there is a rollicking conversation going on, she takes part.

6. My youngest daughter has confidence with most outdoor sports. If it's a rock, she can climb it. If there is water, she can swim it. If there is a mountain, she can ski it.

7. My oldest daughter challenges me to step out of any shyness I may have, and just enjoy people.

8. My youngest daughter challenge me to step out of any fears I have of heights or depths, and just climb, swim, or ski.

9. My oldest daughter is a morning cuddler.

10. My youngest daughter is a night-time cuddler.

Between the two of them, I get hugged all day.

Scripture Blessings:

"Honor thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee." Exodus 20:12

1 comment:

Aubrie said...

I loved reading this! My mom always has a big goodnight/goodbye hug for me, too.

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!