You're Invited to Join in on the Blessings Blogfest, May 31st. Just one post, just one day! Just 10 blessings! Come share and spread the blessings you've been given! Just one click on the button on the right will take you to the sign up page. Thanks!
Today I'm giving thanks for these wonderful blessings:
1. Every Day Poets Inspiration Posts. Every Day Poets T for Triolet Post
2. Learning how to write a triolet. What is a triolet? at About.com
3. Writing a triolet, then scrapping it and starting another one.
4. Revising the second triolet, once, twice, three times - good.
5. Taking a crazy leap of courage and submitting the triolet for publication. Who knows, maybe someone other than me will like a triolet about tap dancing?
6. Watching old Sliders episodes on Netflix. Don't ask me why, but I like this show even though I know it was cancelled before it ended properly. As a family we laugh at some of the stuff that goes on, calling Quinn the "next Captain Kirk" for his romantic moments.
7. Waking up to another bright, gorgeous day in the Northwest. I think that's a number of days in a row now . . . well, except for the rain all day on Saturday, but we had to keep our state green sometime, right?
8. After a day of moping (yes, moping) about not being able to walk all week, I pulled out my exercise mat this morning and reintroduced my muscles to a painful variety of leg lifts, core strength exercises, and arm exercises. Tiring, but good stuff.
9. Happy that the swelling on my ankle is so low that only a doc can see it.
10. Only 16 more days left of all day homeschooling!!! Summer will include writing, plus a few math problems, and multiple books of choice equaling a better start for next year.
11. The Lord gives us life.
"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 116:11 ESV