Blessings that I'm giving thanks for today:
1. A second day of full blast sunshine with blue skies.
2. My kids playing outside for long periods of time.
3. My husband having an extra day off from work - Or at least from his desk job.
4. My husband fixed the lawn mower, cleaned up part of the yard, and fixed the older car so it doesn't make that shrill grinding noise.
5. My kids and I finished our lessons, even though the sunlight was tempting.
6. We are counting down our days to the end of our main homeschool lesson days. Just 18 days left, or 14 actual days not including the trip day, the two test days, and the field day. Wow.
7. Tomorrow is my daughters' last dance competition of the season. They have to be up, costumed (with scary makeup), and at the competition by 8:10 a.m. - tomorrow will be an interesting morning.
8. I finished the Shakespeare grades, the letters for the students' families and their certificates of completion and got them all in the mail today. For some reason, getting to the post office or even a mail stop is challenging for me, so I'm proud of myself when I remember to stop there on a round of errands.
9. Putting money in the bank, and getting the groceries into the fridge.
10. My kids made dinner, reminiscing about their favorite restaurant in Hilo, Big Island, Hawai'i. We had burger rice bowls with fresh onions and hot sauce. I had a quinoa bowl with the burger, onion and hot sauce. Yum!
11. Having a discussion about Genesis, the Fall, and whether or not all people until Noah were vegetarians . . . an interesting discussion based on Biblical scriptures and conjecture. But hey, I would rather be discussing the Bible than say . . . the news.
12. God is awesome!!!
"Build yourself up in your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit; keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life." Jude 1:20-21 ESV