Friday, March 28, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things and Do You Have Goals?

Celebrate the Small Things is a weekly hop hosted by the ever-encouraging Viklit of Scribblings of an Aspiring Writer!
I'm going to just go for a combo post here, and say that I'm celebrating the progress I've made for the "Do You Have Goals?" Blog Hop. And I'm going on vacation next week!!! And I'm almost ready for A to Z (with a plan for handling it during vacation for a short time each day).


Do You Have Goals? is a Big Dream blog hop hosted by Misha Gericke and Beth Fred. Writers are encouraged to dream up huge goals and then report their progress once a month.

My Big Dream goal is: to self-publish 2-3 books/novellas and some short works.

Progress so far:

1. Light Reflections, a small poetry book, out last month!

2. Champion in Flight, third draft steady but slow progress - the end is so close. I think I will make my March goal of finishing it completely by March 30th (Sunday afternoon)

3. Outlines, notes and various other concepts taking on more direction in my daily journal.

4. Short works published: "Robot Sonnet" in February, and "Green Planet" in March.

5. Subbed several items in January and February, but this month I just subbed just once with three poems from my Robot Sonnet group. For some reason the Robot in Robot Sonnet #1 has taken on a bit of a "character" and I keep writing sonnets for him. So far, I've been calling him Bard Robot in my head. I know, it's probably only funny to me. :) But who knows, maybe someone else out there likes a combo of Shakespeare, irony, and robots.

And as I type this up, I feel immeasurably better about the progress. This month has been challenging in some good ways, but for a bit I was feeling like my progress was null. Thanks to the reminder to write this post, I feel closer to reaching my goals.

Thank you, Misha and Beth for hosting this!

And for all the Big Dreamers out there, Way to Go!
Dream Big!
And then, build that foundation under those dream castles!
You can do it!

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry David Thoreau









15 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Sometimes we don't realize how much we've truly accomplished until we see it written down…and then we say, WOW! :)

Congrats on all your progress!

SK Anthony said...

That IS great progress with your goals!
I've been swamped with so many things both in writing and life happenings that I've been feeling like I can't accomplish anything. Yet, like you, I hope that by Sunday afternoon I'm done with this draft. I'm in revision phase, but still...sigh. Happy weekend, Tyrean :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Madeline! It is really nice to write down the steps to goals!

Anonymous said...

Progress is good, and it makes you feel good too! Meeting writing goals is always something to celebrate in my book :)

MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
Writing Tips
Effectively Human
Lots of Crochet Stitches


Anonymous said...

Yay for vacations and getting closer to those goals with each day. Good luck and have a great holiday!

Heather R. Holden said...

Wow, you've made so much progress this month--congrats! Wishing you the best of luck reaching the end of Champion in Flight. And, last but not least, I hope you have a fantastic vacation! :)

Kate Larkindale said...

Progress is definitely something worth celebrating!

Steven said...

Moving forward is better than being stagnant, for sure. Sometimes my goals are so lofty I feel like I constantly fall behind.

Unknown said...

I love having goals but have learned to stay flexible in them-- just in case another idea comes to mind or the one I'm trying to bring to fruition needs to be put to rest. Fun hop.

Unknown said...

Love all the projects you've got going, lady! Congrats on getting Light Reflections out as well! :)

J Lenni Dorner said...

Sounds great. Good job on remembering to stay on with your goals. :)

Trisha said...

You're well on your way to achieving your big goal! Well done. :)

Anonymous said...

Such great progress! Well done. I wonder if you finished that edit by the end of today? I have to confess I've stalled half way through my third edit.

Misha Gerrick said...

Nicely done! Can't wait to see what you do in April. :-)

randi lee said...

Many congrats on the progress! And love your latest entry!!!