Wednesday, March 19, 2014

1 Word Interview with Marcy Hatch

Please welcome Marcy Hatch, author of West of Paradise, for the 1 Word Interview Challenge!

1. What's your current favorite word? 
How about a word I currently despise instead: trending - I am so sick of that word!!!

 2. In one word, what inspires you?
Other writers (okay, that's two words)

3. What's one word that describes your writing habits? 
Daily!

4. What's one word that you wish you could get rid of in your writing?
Was/is

5. What's one word that describes your writing desk? 
Messy!

6. Share the best writing advice/tool/quote that helps you. (please limit to one sentence) 
Practice - because practice makes pretty good :)

7. What's your current project? (this is the one where you can write a bit more)
My current projects is a YA Paranormal called Peace and Forgiveness in which two high school students discover that one of them is an angel, one of them is a demon, and they are both being punished for something they don't remember - yet. And it isn't what you think.






West of Paradise blurb:

 
Katherine Kennedy has it all; she’s beautiful, she’s wealthy, and she’s engaged to the perfect man: Antonio D'Salvatore. There’s just one problem. She can’t marry him. Worse yet, she has no idea why. All she knows is there is suddenly nothing she wants, not Antonio, or any of the other hundred thousand things money can buy.
 

Jack McCabe comes home from the war with a pretty medal and a lot of ugly pictures in his head. He has little in the way of possessions, less in the way of wealth, nowhere to go and no one to go anywhere with. All he has is a vague sense of discontent, a restlessness that will not abate.

 
Separately, they are drawn to Paradise Tours on the privately owned Cristobel Island. There they meet Louis Cade, a man who offers them the unimaginable, something neither can quite believe until they actually find themselves over 125 years in the past, 1881 to be exact.

 
For Jack McCabe it’s the adventure he always dreamed of – until he meets a beautiful but deadly train robber. Katherine can't believe an ignorant bounty hunter has mistaken her for a criminal – until she sees the picture, which looks exactly like her.

 
Set in the old west, this is a tale of mistaken identity, romance, and murder.

Available for Amazon Kindle!
 
Please visit Marcy Hatch at her site MaineWords or at Unicorn Bell.

 
 
 
 
 

44 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I'm with you on the word "trending." And I love the idea of practice NOT making perfect but making pretty good. Much less pressure that way. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Never worry about trending, because it's always changing anyway! Great interview, ladies.

Candice said...

I like your blog. Very inspirational and reminds me that there's others out there that still care, though I know there's many...it's good to see it on your site!

Anonymous said...

Great interview, most enjoyable.
Yvonne.

mshatch said...

My feeling is we can't be perfect, but we can definitely be pretty good :)

mshatch said...

Thanks for stopping by, Alex :)

mshatch said...

Tyrean has a fabulous blog! Thanks for coming by!

mshatch said...

Thank-you and I'm glad you enjoyed :)

DEZMOND said...

can't wait for Marcy's book! These one word interviews are refreshing!

Luanne G. Smith said...

Hmm, well, Marcy is not very good at sticking to one word. Which is good, because how would you ever write a novel that way? :P

And congrats on the novel, Marcy! Very exciting to see it out in the world. :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Awesome interview. And I need to get rid of was/is too. Congrats to Marcy. Her novel sounds fantastic.

Angela Brown said...

What a neat and to the point interview. I rather enjoyed this. Loved your answers, Marcy, especially about practicing.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I don't like trending either. Love the interview format.

mshatch said...

I concur!

mshatch said...

Hey, considering that the first book of my unfinished trilogy came in at 219,000 words I think I've done quite well today, lol.

mshatch said...

Thanks for visiting, Natalie :)

mshatch said...

I love this idea.

mshatch said...

Isn't it great? I loved the questions, too; they were fun :)

CWMartin said...

I agree- I'll bet trending is on next years list of "words that should be removed from the language."

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Marcy! I'm not fond of the word "trending" either. I don't think that popularity should be in verb format.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Natalie! Glad you enjoyed it! And many congrats to Marcy!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wow! 219,000 words! I think you did great today, Marcy!

mshatch said...

I'd be happy to see it go.

The Happy Whisk said...

This was a neat and fun idea. I agree about the was words.

LD Masterson said...

Has anyone ever been able to answer all the one-word-answer questions with one word? Just wondering?

Tyrean Martinson said...

Actually, there have been one or two people that have managed it - it's kind of amazing! Marcy did a great job too!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Glad you enjoyed it! And yes, the "was" words are tough.

mshatch said...

Yes and yes!

mshatch said...

Yeah, sorry, I'm a bit of a rule breaker but I try not to go too far... :)

mshatch said...

Oh, and may I just add an absolutely huge thank-you to Tyrean for inviting me over. This was fun!

Trisha said...

Fun times! I was expecting the question and answer to each consist of one word, though :P

mshatch said...

Yeah, sorry. Must be the writer in me...

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wow! Thanks Candice and Marcy!!!

randi lee said...

Ha! What witty responses! I love the one-word interview concept :)

shelly said...

That was a lot of words for a one word interview. Love the premise of your book, Marcy.

Hugs and chocolate!
Shelly

Tyrean Martinson said...

Each question gets a one word answer, except the last two, and then I like to add the book blurb for the author as well, so they get a chance to show their material to the world. :) With the short interview, I hope that readers will stick around for the book blurb.
Glad you like Marcy's premise! I do too!
Thanks for stopping by!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks! I love Marcy's classes!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Well . . . I haven't figured out how to ask questions with just one word. Maybe eventually I will. I like Marcy's answers!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you for coming, Marcy!!! I had fun too. :)

mshatch said...

Thanks Shelley; it was fun to write, too!

mshatch said...

I agree; the one word answers are great - I think I got two out of five, and really, three if you count most of answer #1 as a qualifier...

Anonymous said...

I don't like "trendy" or "viral."

Great cover and I like the description.

Barbara Watson said...

Love the one-word interviews! All best with WEST OF PARADISE; the premise is great.

Julie Flanders said...

Great interview with Marcy. I also hate trending!