Friday, March 7, 2014

Goals and Celebrate the Small Things

March Goals and Progress

1. Finish Champion in Flight 3rd Draft - two more chapters down. More to go.

2. Bike 120+ miles. - Only 11 miles this week! Yikes! More biking on weekend planned.

3. Fast from fiction (except stuff for teaching), and from chocolate. - started Wednesday, so far so good.

4. Write in my journal every day - good.

5. Laugh often - could always do more here. :)

6. Keep working at Write 1 Sub 1 - yikes, haven't subbed this week. Tomorrow.

7. Prep all my A to Z posts in advance - have a topic and notes for all the letters.

Celebrate the Small Things
A great weekly celebration hosted by Viklit!

This week I'm celebrating that:

1. My oldest daughter choreographed a dance for a flash mob taking place on Saturday.
2. I discovered a topic I can do for A to Z that doesn't take away from finishing Champion in Flight and I'm finally signed up in the 1023rd spot. Wow.
3. I made progress made towards my goals.

What are you celebrating this week?

Next week: National Wormhole Week, Green Planet Thoughts, and Celebrate the Small Things!


Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're on board with the Challenge!
You'll have to tape that flash mob dance tomorrow.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I'm with you on laughing more. :)

Good luck with your A-Z posts. I'm still working on mine….

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - Glad to be a part of it again!
And . . . I don't know if I want to tape it or not. :) We'll see what happens.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Good to know I'll have great company laughing :)
And thanks! Best wishes for your A to Z posts too!

Julie Luek said...

Applauding you-- great goals and things to celebrate. I love journaling and have let this fall by the wayside-- good reminder for me to pick this up again. Happy Lent. :)

Laura Clipson said...

Yay for the A to Z! Good luck with your posts, and have a great weekend :)

Tina said...

Glad you decided to join us!!! Welcome. Are you doing the theme reveal hop-within-a-hop on 3/21? You could tell us all about your idea...
By the way, got here through the wormhole of your correctly done hyperlink at the A-Z Challenge Blog! Good work.
Tina @ Life is Good
A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

Heather Holden said...

Making progress with your goals is always a worthy thing to celebrate! :)

Cathrina Constantine said...

What is a flash mob dance? I'm out of it I guess. Also congrats finding a topic and joining A to Z. And it's always a celebration when you make progress with your goals.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you, Julie! I have felt inspired by so many of your posts about journaling, and it helped get me going again. Happy Lent. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks! Have a great weekend, Laura!!!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Tina!!! I really appreciated that tip on making a hyperlink. I will take part in the reveal . . . although I'm having IWSG kind of "aah! what if it's not a good topic."

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Heather!!!

Tyrean Martinson said...

A flash mob dance is a dance where people join in from the crowd - ideally it includes a huge amount of people and takes place in a crowed area - so that it seems as if random people are just walking out of the crowd and joining the dance. Ours was kind of a "mini" mob with just ten people in a small, community park.
And thanks!!!