Friday, March 14, 2014

March Goals and Progress

1. Finish Champion in Flight 3rd Draft - 2 + 1 chapter. Where did the week go?

2. Bike 120+ miles. - 11 miles + 24 miles - Friday miles not logged yet. (hoping for 10-15 more)

3. Fast from fiction (except stuff for teaching), and from chocolate. - started Wednesday, so far so good. Lots of Bible reading going on.

4. Write in my journal every day - good.

5. Laugh often - could always do more here. :)

6. Keep working at Write 1 Sub 1 - I think I'm only going to sub one this month but I have a short story mostly written.

7. Prep all my A to Z posts in advance - have topic, outline, and 5 posts finished.


Celebrate the Small Things
A great weekly celebration hosted by Viklit!

1. Progress made on goals - slowly, but surely.

2. My youngest started kayaking with a racing team. She's only been to practice one day, she's not even in a racking kayak yet, and the coach has plans for her to race at nationals either this year or next. Wow. Just wow. (not meant as a brag, but more of an unexpected wow.) She's not dancing anymore, but she's putting all that poise and balance to use in the kayak.
This is a pic of her practicing paddle technique in slow-mo for the coach.

3. Skiing on Saturday evening and an awards banquet for ski and snowboard instructors that evening.
Here's a pic of my oldest daughter on her last day as a ski instructor:


4. It's been a good week. :) My parents returned from a month long road trip - this time in a car and not on a motorcycle, and I had some great conversations with friends and family. Life has been full and fully blessed.


At the same time, I've been praying for some friends who have had some health issues lately, and for my sister-in-law who has had some skin cancer and reconstructive surgery on her face. Plus, every time I pick up the newspaper, I see another reason to pray. There is so much hurt in the world. I hope we can all find a way to make it a better place.