Thursday, September 29, 2011

Inspired!

Awed by the amazing writing I've read through Rachael Harrie's Second Campaigner Challenge I feel inspired to write with clarity, and expanded vocabulary.

Instead of simply woolgathering before writing my stories, perhaps I should check out Dictionary.com for a new word or two before I start. (today's word of the day: woolgathering)

Seriously, I am surprised at the amazing ways that the words oscitate, lacuna, miasma, sychronicity, and imago could fit into so many different stories, some of which went further with the additional challenge of using the word mirror. I highly recommend reading as many entries as you can. It's inspiring to see the quick wit of writers in action.

In addition to all that inspiration going on with the Second Campaigner Challenge, my family has been super supportive of me. My youngest drew two different possible covers for my novel in progress. My parents are reading my current rewrite and giving me feedback. My husband says any day now I'll get published and he can retire. (I chuckle but appreciate the encouragement) My oldest daughter wants to know when I'll have it fully polished, so she can read that copy first (before my parents) and says that she likes this second version far better than the first. (honesty and enthusiasm mixed). My daughters are both glad that I've taken out most of the "awful romance".

So, another day, another page or three, and I feel up to the challenge of polishing my novel for concise clarity.


Scripture Blessings:

Hebrews is one of my favorite books of the Bible. There are so many verses bursting with meaning that I have to pray over to unpack fully. So, it's hard for me to pick just one, or even two during my daily readings.

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joinst and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:14-16

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

When your family is behind you, there is no failure!
I hope to have my campaign piece up Monday. I have a sneaky idea...

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - Oooh, sneaky idea . . . intriguing.