Monday, September 5, 2011

Blessings and Blackberries Again

Awesome Blessings from the last 7 days:

1. Bike-riding over 20 miles with my family and my hubby. (Girls rode about 13 of that)

2. Tubing behind the boat at Sun Lakes State Park in Eastern Washington (the sunny side of the state).

3. Remembering how to drive the boat while my husband either tubed with the girls, or water-skied.

4. Relaxation time.

5. Making three way allergy free chocolate chip cookies - one third regular, one third white chocolate, and one third regular and white chocolate chip with Macadamia nuts! Love making it work for everyone.

6. Staying in a little cabin while on vacation in EW. (The wind would have blown a tent down easily at night)

7. An awesome church family.

8. God's Word Sunday.

9. The Heart of Worship song, and the Heart of Worship story . . . have to find that link one of these days.

10. Watching my girls get horse-riding lessons from my sister-in-law.

11. Visiting with my sister-in-law and her husband.

12. All the prayer support for our friends and their daughter. She is doing "the best that the nurses have ever seen for someone her age in a halo" and she is going without any pain medication and playing every day. So, thank you, and keep it up!


The Blackberries are still ripe, and ready to be picked again! We will be out there with our hands among the thorns tonight, pulling off the juicy sweet fruit and getting a few scratches along the way.

And in life, well, the blackberries are still at large. Our friends still need prayers, and my Dad is undergoing multiple medical tests. I know he's 73, but I'm not ready for him to be ill in any way yet.

Homeschool starts here tomorrow.

My book is still under revision and I wonder when I'm going to carve out time - less sleep? Not giving up family time.

Our new church is always an adventure.

Keeping this scripture blessing close at the moment:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Tyrean, if you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to make it fit.
Never drove a boat before - is it difficult?
Glad you had a great weekend with your family!

Angie said...

Love that scripture! The power of prayer is truly astonishing. Good luck with the book and everything else. *hugs*

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - you are right! I have been finding time in short fragments, plus I can think book while driving, etc. - Driving a boat isn't that hard, but it takes some getting used to, especially when there is a skier on the back end. A boat never "stops" but drifts, and that includes while cornering. With a skier on the back, there is a tension between the skier and the boat, especially if the skier jumps the wake. Our family (as in in-laws) boat is pretty solid int he water, but I get nervous when I feel a skier pulling the back end around a turn a little more than I anticipated.
Then there is the additive of other boaters, skiers, inner-tube riders, and sometimes other hazards to avoid. It's the passenger's job to watch the skier, and the driver's job to watch the water.

Angie - Thanks so much! I was just feeling a little stressed about our homeschool schedule, but as usual once we started it was easier than I anticipated.