Monday, September 26, 2011

Just One More Blessing . . . Maybe

Well, I would wait until tomorrow to post . . . but it so happens that I'm sitting in a Starbucks while my kids are in ballet class at the barre (double rr being the important part of that particular word when kids are involved), and behold, they have internet access.

Now, I should be typing my revision to my novel to the sweet sounds of the old fashioned jazz music behind me, but the reality is . . . it just makes me want to dance, and I get distracted picturing tap dancing and swing dancing to the music . . . think stuff that could fit somewhere between the Astaire and Rogers, and the Singin' in the Rain era, maybe moving up to the big band - like say "In the Mood" by Glen Miller that just started playing . . .ok, enough said there. Some of you are probably gagging, but I happen to like all kinds of music, as long as I can dance, jump, or sing to it, and I happen to like the tune . . . personal choice not one genre.

But, since I'm digressing, I'll finally get back to the point.

I have one more blessing to share.
This awesome lady I know from my co-op, who happened to run a half marathon just last Sunday while I walked/jogged a 10k, is also a short term missionary who will soon be a long term missionary with her husband and their four kids. They are amazing people, and the really cool thing is, they are just like you and me, like she states in her blog, NOT "super-christians" with wings and halos.

So I consider knowing this fine lady and some of her family to be a huge blessing.

If you would like to meet her, or help their family get the funds they need for their mission trip, check out her/their blog at robandjennifer

Jennifer is usually the writer, but the support goes for the whole family's efforts to go to Swaziland.

Do you have "just one more blessing" to share?

Or more?

3 comments:

Keena said...

My "one" blessing would have to be my husband. He is caring, sweet, supportive and understanding. I could not imagine life without him.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Keena - What a wonderful blessing to have an understanding and supportive husband! So sweet to hear that he is your blessing.
My husband is one of my favorite blessings too.
Have a great day!

Pam Williams said...

My one more blessing would also be my husband--He is my best friend and my favorite person in the whole world. Thanks for the opportunity to express that--it felt good. :)