365 Days of Blessings, Day 89
1. Our Lord is unchanging. We may have moody moments, but God does not.
2. Moving from Jonah to Micah in my Bible Study. I have found a new liking for the prophets this last year.
3. On a totally different note, we made marshmallows last night!!! Very fun, sticky and sweet. They take 24 hours to "set up" kind of like how jello takes a few hours to set up, but the warm gooey sweetness of the marshmallow "dough" is really good too. And they don't have any corn syrup in them!
4. My house smells like baking this morning. I've made bread, cocoa muffins, and the first batch of graham crackers is sitting on the cooling rack. It's all gluten free, corn free, egg free, rice free, and . . . well, the graham crackers have butter in them, otherwise all that food would be dairy free too. (oh, and it's all yeast free too)
5. Three more recipes to cook, some grocery shopping, and some packing . . . and then we'll be ready for the MS Road Trip!
6. The plumber came to our house yesterday . . . we may be replacing all of our pipes. I am so glad we've saved up some money for house repairs.
7. Swimming in wonderful soothing cool water on a hot day. (yesterday)
8. The Everyday Veggie soup at Marlene's Market and Deli in Tacoma. Someday I'll have to get that recipe.
9. The cinnamony sweet taste of homemade graham cracker crumbs melting on my tongue. A cook should always try a sample and make sure it tastes right, right?
10. Really fun writing prompts from A WRITER'S BOOK OF DAYS by Judy Reeves.
"In the last days
the mountain of the Lord's temple
will be established
as chief among the mountains;
it will be raised above the hils,
and people will stream to it."