Tuesday, August 3, 2010
365 Days of Blessings - Day 66
365 Days of Blessings, Day 66
1. The Lord is righteous and merciful.
2. A picture of deer in our yard, eating the apples that have fallen to the ground.
3. My cat's tail playfully flicked into my face . . . she feels that petting her is more important than petting a computer keyboard.
4. Having time to write in the morning.
5. Having one of my daughters' friends sleep over.
6. Feeling a little overwhelmed by the influence I've had on my daughters and their friend. They've started a writing club.
7. Knowing that my kids still need me around for guidance . . . like how to have a positive writing club that doesn't falter under weighty criticism, or crumble under perceived ideas that two people are sharing story ideas without telling anyone else.
8. Knowing that the chill of the morning will be replaced by the heat of the afternoon. (Some mornings I love the chill, but today I want my slippers and a quilt)
9. Running into friends while running errands.
10. "Tweaking" scripts for Vacation Bible School Bible Voyages.
1. One of my nieces is thankful for her days off.
2. Karen Lange wrote yesterday that she counts me as one of her treasured blog friend blessings. Thank you Karen!!!
Website for the Day: Group's High Seas VBS
Scripture for the Day:
"Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, O Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. Give ear, O God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make request of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name." Daniel 9:17-19