Shared Blessings are Awesome!
Shared Blessings for today:
1. Angie Lofthouse of Notes From the Writing Chair says, "going swimming with the kids, and enjoying the last few days of summer." Sounds wonderful Angie! I hope to swim with my kids today too.
2. Cathy Nelson, my first Sunday School teacher and mentor, is home from her mission trip and is thankful for her experiences. I'll probably be mentioning more stuff about her, and her trip in the days ahead. Cathy has an amazing heart for God, and God's children.
365 Days of Blessings, Day 75
1. God's Word is life changing! Let's Go! (VBS Bible Point, Day 4)
2. Having a talented, self-proclaimed "ham" actor join us for VBS Day 3, as Paul. He portrayed Paul's snake bite experience on the island of Malta with great enthusiasm, and had all the kids shrieking with laughter and excitement, and then he was able to slow them down and talk about God being the only true God, able to heal us.
3. Swimming into the Bible Voyage session with each crew of 25 gave my arms a good work out yesterday. We were only pretend swimming, but . . . I think swimming in air with great enthusiastic strokes is probably just as hard as actual swimming.
4. Planning to swim "for real" today after VBS.
5. Looking forward to VBS Sunday, when the whole congregation gets to experience some of the fun.
6. Reading Sunday School Curriculum ahead of time.
7. Resting in the afternoons during VBS week.
8. The VBS craft boat that really floats.
9. Reading the September line up for Every Day Poets, and seeing my poem in place for September 25th!
10. Looking forward to reading Brandon Barr's edit of one page of my story, "Chameleon" at Edit Me Thursday today, at his blog, Christian Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Suspense Thanks Brandon!!!
Website/Blog for the day: Christian Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Suspense
Scripture for the day: "Give me life through your word." Psalm 119:37 VBS Scripture for Day 4