Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blessed by good Quotes

My post from earlier today lists the books we have been into lately as a family, and I thought I would share some quotes with everyone from some of those.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and I will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

"God's words are not mere words. They are promises that lead to fulfillments. God performs what he announces. God does what he says." from RUN WITH THE HORSES by Eugene H. Peterson

"'Art, Jared,' Mr. Toppan said then, 'is to do just enough to satisfy, just enough to intrigue. The spacing of your stencil reveals yoru skills more than anything else you do. Crowd your designs, and you have bound the wings of fantasy; space them well, and you give it full flight.'" from THE JOURNEYMAN by Elizabeth Yates

No comments: