Sunday, May 30, 2010

365 Days of Blessings - Day 1

Called through circumstance, prayer, the words of a wise Pastor, and by the Word of God, I am starting a new project here at my blog.

365 Days of Blessings is an answer to a call to count my blessings, and to encourage others to do the same.

I thought of starting a whole new blog for it, but the reality is, I don't keep up with my other blogs as well, and I want this to keep to the forefront of my blog-time. If there is another topic (like writing life) that's pressing in on me, I'll add a few paragraphs about it after the main post about blessings.

I hope that you'll join me in this endeavor, to give thanks and praise, everyday for all of the blessings we have been gifted with in our lives.

Here are the rules that I'm going to follow for this project.

1. Post 10 New Blessings each day for one calendar year.
They might fall into some similar categories, but they won't be any that are exactly the same. This means I'm going to count up 3,650 blessings.

2. Invite others to post their blessing in the comment section.

3. Allow myself on grace for rule #1 if I go camping by either posting "advance" blessing counts, or posting "make-up" blessing counts. On an occasional, extremely rare basis, we actually camp in areas where no cell/internet coverage is available.

4. Post a Scripture quote each day that either speaks directly about counting blessings or giving thanks, or that is a blessing to me on that day.

365 Days of Blessings, Day One
1. God's Amazing Love that stretches infinitely before and beyond time.
2. The way my husband smiles.
3. My youngest daughter's excitement for life.
4. My oldest daughter's affectionate snuggle.
5. My mom's daily determination to walk, in any weather.
6. My dad's happy fidgeting, turning his cup this way and that while he talks.
7. The green branches of pines, cedars, and evergreens that reach up against the gray clouds.
8. The sound of music.
9. The joy of dance.
10. The anticipation of church softball season.

Psalm 9:1-2 "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name,
O Most High."

In Writing Life
I'll be working on having fun with my fiction, and focusing some serious attention to my devotional writing.

Have a Blessed Day!

4 comments:

Karen Lange said...

What a wonderful idea! We sing a song at church that says "I am blessed, I am blessed, every day of my life I am blessed. When I wake up in the morning, and I lay my head at rest, I am blessed, I am blessed.' And indeed, we are!
Hugs and blessings to you,
Karen

boren5 said...

What a wonderful idea!

Jessica Nelson said...

Ten new ones? I know I have a lot of the same blessings every day....
Cool idea! It's always good to remember God's faithfulness.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks Karen! Hugs and Blessings to you too!

Thanks Heather! I can't really take total credit for the idea, since I think God stuck it in my path until I tripped over it and realized I needed to pay attention.

Jessica - I know I have lots of the same ones too, but I think that there are nuances to those same blessings that I don't think about enough.