365 Days of Blessings, Day Two
1. God's infinite wisdom.
2. My husband's love of church softball.
3. My youngest daughter's fervent sense of right and wrong.
4. My oldest daughter's gentleness with children smaller than herself.
5. My mom's weight loss - she's been between 130 and 140 for two years now, which is way better than being between 180-210 pds like she was for nearly ten years.
6. My dad's grin.
7. The ability to give praise with words.
8. The sweetness of dried fruit and coconut mixed with hot quinoa cereal. (I'm eating breakfast while blogging)
9. Living in a house with central heating. (one of the many blessings of living in technologically up-to-date country)
10. The men and women who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom in the U.S.A. - may the flags fly high for them today.
"Hear the word of the Lord, O nations;
proclaim it in distant coastlands:
'He who scattered Israel will gather them
and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.'
For the Lord will ransom Jacob
and redeem them from the hand of
those stronger than they.
They will come and shout for joy on the
heights of Zion;
they will rejoice in the bounty of the Lord -
the grain, the new wine and oil
the young of the flocks and herds.
They will be like a well-watered garden,
and they will sorrow no more.
Then maidens will dance and be glad,
young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into
I will give them comfort and joy
instead of sorrow."
and from the Lutheran Book of Worship, Canticle 14
"Refrain: "Listen! You nations of the world; listen to the Word of the Lord. Announce it from coast to coast; declare it to distant islands.'
Verse 1: 'The Lord who scattered Israel will gather his people again; and he will keep watch over them as a shepherd watches his flock.' (refrain)
Verse 2: 'With shouts of joy they will come, their faces radiantly happy, for the Lord is so generous to them; he showers his people with gifts.'
Verse 3: 'Young women will dance for joy, and men young and old will make merry. Like a garden refreshed by the rain, they will never be in want again. Break into shouts of great joy: Jacob is free again! Teach nations to sing the song: The Lord has saved his people.'"
(oddly enough the LBW never gave scripture references for the music, so as a kid I didn't even know that the words we sang came directly from the Bible.)
Welcome to my 365 Days of Blessings project that I just started yesterday. If you would like to know more, just go to yesterday's post, and see the rules/goals I've set for myself. Feel free to join in with thankfulness for blessings that you experience today!