1. Being part of an awesome body of Christ that gives generously, and lives out loud!
2. Prayer and Praise Worship!
3. The Praise Team at my church, who were willing to sing and lead eight songs today, singing live with keyboards, singing along with some video worship songs, and singing a few songs acapella.
4. All the readers today at worship who read from God's word with confidence and feeling.
5. Holy Huddles! Prayers that take place on the spot, in huddles.
6. A body of Christ that is willing to try something new for worship!
7. Salad with fruit, salad with nuts, salad with quinoa, salad with all of those and more. Salad that fills me up and keeps me going, energized and ready for life. (plus, helped me lose three pounds this week!)
8. Raw spinach - it actually tastes good, especially with strawberries, or mangoes.
9. Our wonderful niece Amanda's graduation party yesterday - she has her dipoloma, an A.A. degree and a Certficate to be a Certified Nurse's Assistant. She has plans, and sweet friends, along with great cooking skills.
10. Giving the gift of a wish-come-true for a family we know and love. One little girl facing multiple surgeries and traction, her big brother, and their parents will be able to go on a much needed vacation before having to head to the hospital for two months. Our church body is so wonderful, and I am so thankful to be a part of a group of people that can raise the kind of money and prayers needed in less than three days via e-mail, phone and word of mouth. What started as a holy huddle on a softball field grew to prayer chains, and a decision to make at least one wish come true.
Plus, there are plans underway to continued to care, prayer, and love for their family.
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ and to know this love that suprasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:14-18