Summer Sunday Blessings!
Too many blessings to count that I am thanking and praising God for today, but here are a few:
1. Frozen Blueberries.
2. Banana pancakes.
4. A packet of Mango Black Maui Tea that reminded me of the sweetness of our vacation in April.
5. A winning softball game played well, with a close score.
6. Feeling God's call to give a message to my church, relying on Him to guide me through it, and having it turn out all right.
7. O Praise Him by the David Crowder Band.
8. How Great is Our God
9. The Great Commission - Matthew 28:18-20.
10. The Word of God is Sharper Than Any Two-Edged Sword, even a Lightsaber!
11. The silly short skit with a serious message that I wrote for the Children's message today, which was acted out by three talented actors all 12 and under. Check it out:
Sharper Than Any Lightsaber
(Cue: Star Wars theme music)
(Two fighters come from opposite sides of the church, brandishing their jedi swords, jumping and leaping, turning and doing all the fancy moves they can think of while the music is playing.)
(They meet in the middle and start to sword fight in slow motion . . . super slow motion.)
(Then a third kid comes in from the front with a Bible in her hands. She brings the Bible down in the middle of the two swords, the music stops suddenly, and the two fighters break apart.)
1st Fighter says: Whoa! Did you see that?!
2nd Fighter says: What is that? Is that some kind of new weapon?
Bible-toting kid says: It’s the living and active Word of God, sharper than any two-edged sword or weapon made by mankind.
1st Figher says: Whoa! Cool!
2nd Fighter says: I have to get one of those! That’s awesome!
Bible-toting kid says: Come one, I’ll show you where you can get one.
(They all exit.)
Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”