Whew! Days have flown by and I haven't kept track of my blessings very well. This project has grown tougher as the year has progressed, and I'm not sure why that has been true.
So, here is the best I can do, with limited time, and limited notes:
Today, I'm giving thanks for:
1. New leaves.
2. The way our cat watches my husband's every move. He is her favorite person.
3. Watching my husband play with our cat. When I married him, he hated cats. Now he loves our cat.
4. A new adult tap class at our dance studio. My husband and I are both taking it together.
5. My "squeaky" husband tap-dancing in his work shoes.
6. Waking up with a story in my mind.
7. Writing a rough summary-outline of a story, first thing after waking up.
8. Researching names in a language that I'm unfamiliar with . . . to break my tendency to name my characters randomly, and similarly.
9. The sleepover my oldest daughter went to last weekend.
10. Getting a garden bed cleaned out - away with those old leaves.
11. Hasty gardening - my new method that I hope will help me get the work done quickly.
12. Vacation plans.
13. An unexpected visit from family.
14. Vacation meal plans with my sister-in-law.
15. The gift of a trip from my in-laws.
16. My parents are home for a few days.
17. My mom brought me home a sparkly blue hat from her travels. Now I match her, and my daughters. My mom has a sparkly silver hat, my oldest has a sparkly black hat, my youngest has a sparkly pink hat, and now I'm sparkly blue.
18. My mom gave my daughters a couple of interesting crinkle shirts that she found in Mexico. They shrink into a tiny size when they aren't being worn, but stretch out and look baggy while worn. Interesting material.
19. My Dad is back to tinkering with stuff to make it work. He may not be happy that their water-based floor heating system burst and flooded their basement, but it gives him something to fix. He likes fixing stuff.
20. Looking forward to PJ day with our Wednesday Co-op group.
21. Pancakes for lunch today!
22. Worship last Sunday was awesome.
23. The Story of the World books by Susan Wise Bauer.
24. Yukon Ho! - a Calvin and Hobbes book.
25. A bulletin board full of homeschool art, and homework.
26. Finally feeling as if I've given my Shakespeare students enough creative options for a project. We were all tired of writing papers every time.
27. Being able to commiserate with a friend over troubles.
28. Thinking of a t-shirt that would read: "So many Bible verses, so little time." Just my quirky brain trying to be creative with an old theme.
29. The new Youth leader at our church is putting together a group to go to Creation Fest Northwest!!! Woohoo!
30. I'll be leading worship, and speaking the message tonight at our Lenten worship for our new church. And I feel mostly ready, and I have notes.
31. Surprised by a package on my doorstep!
32. Our album from Snapfish has arrived!
33. Fun looking at an album . . . and plans for how we would make it better, and more cost effective next time.
34. Reading the line up for Every Day Poets in April. My poem "april second" will be out April 2nd. :-)
35. Sharing crazy dream story ideas over breakfast with my daughters.
36. My oldest daughter finished her math before breakfast today . . . now I have to check her work, but I'm excited that she took the initiative.
37. Finally learning how to embed video - hope this works:
38. The corner store . . . supplying us with all our last-minute-oops-I-forgot-that-at-the-grocery-store needs like chocolate chips for chocolate chip pancakes.
39. The melting pot of the English language - old English, Celtic, Viking/Scandinavian, Latin, Greek, French - all mixed together in the wonderful, complex, rich language.
40. Piles and piles of books. Ok, I need to re-shelve in the midst of my planning/dreaming/reading/homeschooling days, but there are few "things" in this world I like better than piles of books.
41. Looking forward to Creation Fest Northwest 2011:
42. Looking forward to seeing Nick Vujicic at Creation Fest:
43. One blessing of having a messy house today - our cat loves to play with stray socks left on the floor.
44. Science Experiments with friends.
45. Art with friends.
46. Story sharing with friends.
47. Latin with friends.
48. The fruit of the Spirit in sign language.
49. An afternoon cup of Vanilla Chai Tea with honey.
50. When we surrender our lives to Christ, the Lord grows the fruit of the Spirit in our lives.
"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."