Giving Thanks and Praise for these varied blessings:
1. My favorite love song of all time L-O-V-E
2. I finally, after a great deal of scrutiny from myself and my nine year old daughter, re-submitted my revised poem "Octopus Rising" to Every Day Poets today. I really appreciate the feedback from the editors at that site. My nine year old daughter still isn't satisfied with it, and thinks it needs another stanza, but I decided to re-submit it anyway.
3. After days of feeling shut in the house with sickness, I loved every moment of my beautiful two mile walk in the sunshine this morning. The Northwest is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
4. Trader Joe's Grocery stores.
5. Hasty gardening for an hour - the kind of gardening that gets a giant wagon load of old leaves, weeds, and branches picked up and composted as quickly as possible.
6. Red and green grapes.
7. Soft, wet dirt that's easy to weed.
8. Weedy strawberry plants that never stop growing - this is kind of a mixed blessing.
9. Finding a brown worm in the rich soil . . . a sign of a good place to plant.
Scripture Blessings (from a devotional I received via e-mail today):
"My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2