Wednesday, January 12, 2011
365 Days of Blessings, Day 227, Publication, and 10 Bloggers That Make Me Happy
Big title, Big stuff, Big Thankfulness today for:
Publication: So Cold is on-line today at Every Day Poets. I admit it isn't my favorite poem, and I want to re-write it, right now, again. The super short poems seem to be the most challenging for me. However, I am still thankful for the honor of being published, and I'm excited about it too. Stop by, give a read and star rating!
The Top Ten Bloggers Who Make Me Happy Award
Wow! When I most needed encouragment, I found this award waiting for me at Write Now, from Karen Lange. Karen has been a blessing and encouragement to me since the first year of my blog. I really appreciate her insights about writing. Thank you, Karen. You are definitely a blogger who makes me happy!
Now, who do I pass this to, when so many bloggers make me happy. All of the blogs I follow make me happy, and there are more than ten of them . . . but here goes:
1. Melissa at Through The Looking Glass makes me happy with her insightful, thought-provoking posts about writing that are always coupled with allegories from her favorite books, holidays, sports, and vacations. There is always something in her posts that make me smile, or laugh, and something that makes me think, and want to write. Thank you, Melissa.
2. Heather at Writer's Manna is a blog I started following recently, and I've found her posts to be very inspiring. Thank you, Heather!
3. Jill Kemerer, Author makes me happy with her fun, and insightful posts. Thank you, Jill.
4. Chaplain Mike at Internet Monk offers up inspiring and thought-provoking posts that have get me into God's word in the middle of my day and thinking over just how I may or may not be living out God's Greatest Commandment.
5. Gretchin Rubin at The Happiness Project is amazing, and I just started reading her posts. I think the title says it all.
6. Angie at Notes From the Writing Chair shares her personal journey as a Christian writer and editor with a wonderful flair for humor and introspection in the midst of honest reflection. Thank you Angie!
7. Julie Dao at Silver Lining wows me every time with her amazing writing allergories, and I can't wait until she finishes her Princess story . . . it sounds awesome.
8. Grace at a grace story is a wonderful mentor and friend in my life, and her blog posts reflect God's grace working through her grace-filled life.
9. Nevets at Nevets QST shares and honest look at the writing life, and how life and writing mix together. Thank you Nevets for your awesome posts on transitions, and your rants . . .they help me realize that I'm not the only one who feels a need to rant now and then.
10. Shannon at Book Dreaming shares thought-provoking, and fun quotes that get me thinking about my writing in new ways. She has book reviews that send me to the library, and sometimes to the bookstore . . . and she has such a joy-filled outlook that it makes me smile every time I go to her blog. Thanks Shannon!
These 10 blogs are blessings in my life, and make me very happy. So, please, if you received this award pass it along. If you didn't, please know that your blogs bless me, and make me happy too . . . but I just couldn't list them all.
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I say, Rejoice!"