Giving Thanks and Praise for:
1. Two friends' gentle rebuke. It is amazing how comforting, and how right those words were to me both yesterday and this morning. Thank you, dear friends.
2. Knowing that only God is Good.
3. Knowing that God's provision is enough.
4. Knowing that God's grace is enough.
5. Knowing that God, and God alone, is just.
6. Blessing and releasing. Letting it all go, and letting God do what He does best.
7. The prayers of friends and family - thank you so much.
8. Taking with me only the good stuff, the good memories and the sweetness. Those are the right things to pack when leaving a place and moving onto another.
9. Thinking about a Go.Do.Likewise. blogfest . . . not sure what it will look like yet, but I am thinking about trying to spread the kindness.
10. Two friends of mine shared Biblical passages with me in the last 24 hours, and they made me take a step back and think.
"I will sing of your love and justice;
to you, O Lord, I will sing praise.
I will be careful to lead a blameless
when will you come to me?
I will walk in my house
with blameless heart.
I will set before my eyes
no vile thing.
The deeds of faithless men I hate;
they will not cling to me.
Men of peverse heart shall be far
I will have nothing to do with evil.
Whoever slanders his neighbor in
him will I put to silence;
whoever has haughty eyes aand a
him will I not endure.
My eyes will be on the faithful in the
that they may dwell with me;
he whose walk is blameless
will minister to me.
No one who practices deceit
will dwell in my house;
no one who speaks falsely
will stand in my presence.
Every morning I will put to silence
all the wicked in the land;
I will cut off every evildoer
from the city of the Lord."
"I said, 'I will watch my ways
and keep my tongue from sin;
I will put a muzzle on my mouth
as long as the wicked are in my
"I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and the mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord."