Giving thanks and Praise for these blessings:
1. Wet muddy weather that makes it easier to pull weeds in winter . . . although I wish it were snowing.
2. My daughters are cleaning out their closet, tiny piece by tiny piece, and finding that they don't need a lot of that stuff. (Yes, we've been working on the same closet for days.)
3. Cleaning out junk drawers.
4. Getting C.S. Lewis books at the library.
5. Reading bits of God in the Dock.
6. Reading bits of The Screwtape Letters.
7. Reading bits of The Case for Christianity.
8. Seeing hints of Narnia in all of those above books . . . C.S. Lewis had a reasoned out purpose for that series that becomes apparent as I read these more "serious" collections of essays, as well as the story of "Screwtape".
9. Having enough tacks for our tackboard . . . found them in one junk drawer.
10. God has a purpose for each of us, and loves us!
"because of the tender mery of our God,
by which the rising sun will come
to us from heaven
to shine on those living in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the path of peace."