Giving Thanks and Praise for these Blessings today:
1. Dancing in the streets of Seattle! I didn't do this, but a wonderful young woman from our dance studio did, and it is so much fun, I thought I would share:
2. Finding this poem in my archives.
A Sonnet of Praise
So great my mind can’t hold you or conceive
Of your vast, amazing, grace-filled being
It takes my soul a moment to believe
To surrender my notions of knowing
To the great I Am, the One who is three
singing the Word in perfect harmony.
Created, directed, redeemed by love
that lights our ways like the wings of a dove
whose feathers shimmer in the morning rays,
shining for the truth, the life and the way.
3. Reading through my poetry, I've realized that I write a lot about my dogs and this strikes me as both funny, and fitting. I grew up reading Snoopy comics, and watching the Underdog and Scooby Doo. Now, I write about my Rhodesian Ridgeback and my Beagle.
4. Christmas lights.
5. Sleeping in on a home-school morning. We are so thankful for being able to sleep in when it's needed (like when someone is sick).
6. A girl with three pony tails at dance classes.
7. My oldest daughter loves glitter and sequins. She is wearing gold sequined boots, a gold sequined scarf-belt and a silver sequined neck scarf over her dance clothes tonight.
8. The Nutcracker Coloring contest at our dance studio.
9. Giggling dancers.
10. The Lord provides us with joy.
"Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."