Quadruple Blessings Day! I'm giving thanks and praise for:
1. Prayers from friends and family. Thank you!
2. Friends who invited us to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader in a last minute kind of way, at just the write time on a rough Saturday.
3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie. It's not exactly like the book, but it is good.
4. The young actor who played Eustace Scrubb - I'm so thankful he did a good job.
5. Seeing a movie with Christian themes in a big movie theatre, 3D, with a good bunch of people.
6. The Christmas Program was fun, and beautiful!
7. My youngest daughter sang beautifully for her duet.
8. My oldest daughter helped me with the costuming.
9. We had a craft that kept kids attention for most of the "waiting" time before the program.
10. The rythm game can be played anywhere, even by kids in costumes.
11. My kids were invited to a really fun birthday party.
12. The kids let me play laser tag with them at the birthday party. I think I had more fun than they did. :-).
13. Laughing and chasing kids, and being chased by kids, through a hazy maze, with laser guns flashing.
14. I missed a tense church meeting while playing laser tag. I know I probably shouldn't be thankful for this one, but I am. My husband was there, and let me know of the events that transpired, and I am thankful he was willing to do that.
15. A group of parents coming together with a struggling dance studio director, and deciding to keep the studio afloat through fundraisers, donations, and hard work.
16. Piano music.
17. Justin's Piano Blog
18. Santa hats.
19. Angel ornaments, glittering angels, shining angels, straw angels, teddy bear angels, and angels with halos askew.
20. Watching Fantasia with dancer commentary in the dance studio.
22. Imagination . . .
23. An ostrich on pointe.
24. Followed hippos on pointe in tiny tutus.
25. And then the elephants on pointe.
26. A crocodile and a hippo dancing together.
27. Cuddle time.
28. An 11 year old who sits in my lap . . . just like when she was 11 months old.
29. My husband and I realized today that we will reach our the 20th year anniversary of the day we met in less than a month. Weird, and wonderful. I didn't realize we were that old.
30. Light conversations.
31. Deep conversations.
32. God giving me enough courage to write a tough letter.
33. God giving me the strength and patience to turn the other cheek when someone has been rude to me over and over again.
34. God giving me time to process a bit of anger over the rudeness of that same bitter, unforgiving person to my parents. I know this person is angry with me and has been for four months, despite my apologies. However, having that same person treat my father with obvious and public rudeness just makes me boil. Thankfully, God gave me time to deal with it, and the right person to talk to about it.
35. My daughter made the best, most amazing ginger snap cookies today.
36. We had a great WNFN dinner - the last one of the year. I'm so thankful for these wonderful fellowship and worship events.
37. My youngest went to a choir Christmas party tonight.
38. My oldest went to a youth group Christmas party tonight.
39. We had a wonderful advent worship service tonight. It touched my soul in just the right spot.
40. God gives us peace, even in the toughest moments.
"And Mary said:
“My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel,
remembering to be merciful
to Abraham and his descendants forever,
just as he promised our ancestors.”