Celebrate the Small Things
1. I came down with my personal "ick" again (just after I posted that it was over - ugh), but friends and family rescued me with lots of help for all the daily life happenings in our household.
2. Feverish (literally), I wrote crazy bits of writing (still moving forward) and decided to do a few re-publish, pre-sale experiments with my flash story, "The Bridge Snap" and the beginning of a new series of stories and memoirs, "The Horse in the Well."
3. I made progress on Champion's Destiny.
4. I spent some quality time with Captain Wrath this week. I delved into some of his earlier life as plain old Ben Cranston before his life starts to spin out of control.
5. Decided to have a super sale on all my books in e-book. Everything is 99 cents: short stories, novels, etc. from now until November 1st. See my Amazon Author Page for the list.
Friday Freebie: "Seedling" is up for free grabs for kindle readers and kindle apps again this week. Click on the title to follow the link.
Prep for NaNoWriMo, part 2: Theme
Theme is the basic big idea that drives a story forward. It's usually simple and can be summed up in one to three words:
Love conquers All
Those are just some theme examples.
I didn't realize how much theme mattered until I was hopelessly lost in a convoluted plot with a dozen rabbit trails. Theme can help a writer stay focused.
What's your theme for NaNoWriMo this year? And, what are you celebrating this week?