“Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.” - Lloyd Alexander
I have to admit, I almost didn't post today. I wondered if I had anything to share . . . and then I decided I would just take a moment, and share my goals, and that cool quote from fantasy writer Lloyd Alexander.
My writing goals this week:
1. Finish print formatting for Dragonfold and Other Tales.
2. Revise 4 chapters for Champion in Flight.
3. Glance at the way I have the poetry collection set up, and daydream about title possibilities.
4. Free-write every day for a minimum of 3 pages.
5. Write "that" article - it doesn't have a name yet - in rough form.
Whew. That might be too much, but I'm going to try and tackle it. However, the story collection and the poetry collection are both projects that mainly entail taking previously written material, giving it a small make-over and then formatting it - should be doable, right?
My exercise goals:
1. Biking 4 days.
2. Dancing 2 days.
3. Stretching for an hour - 1 day - that's probably on Sunday a.m.
My "crazy, real life" goals:
1. Get homeschool lessons all done this week - last week was "halfsies."
2. Make sure my daughters have time for practicing their dances, monologues, commercial scripts, and the "model" walk. (They are going to the Big Apple this summer for a competition.)
3. Start planning for homeschool 2013-2014 year - 9th and 7th grade.
2. Start planning Writer Wednesday interviews . . . let me know if you would like to be interviewed in the comment section. I'm planning on super short interviews.
3. Warn blogger buddies that I will be taking some Mondays off . . . (can I check this one off now?)
What are your goals this week? What do you post on those "no idea" days? And would you like to participate in a super short Writer Wednesday interview?