Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wreck It Ralph, Road Dancing, and Thanksgiving

Wreck-It Ralph Posterfrom IMDB

Wreck-It Ralph is definitely a movie for gamers who like a redemption style hero's journey.

Yes, it's a Disney movie, but it's just a little different all the way through, and I liked that. I got the sense that most of the movie critics that they didn't really know or understand half of the game references so don't go by professional reviewers opinions.

Altogether, my family thought the movie was extremely clever, and held a few unexpected twists that we enjoyed.

So, Huzzah to Wreck-It Ralph, a Disney movie for 80's gamer nerds . . .and maybe their kids too.


Road Dancing What is that you might ask? Just this thought-provoking fun quote from Tim Hawkins, comedian:


"Make the world a better place today. Instead of responding with road rage, try road dancing. They won't be expecting it."


So, as we go into Thanksgiving weekend in America, with huge dinners, and sometimes long miles traveled, or if we celebrate Black Friday (the biggest shopping day of the year), I suggest we all try a little road dancing, or turkey dancing, or mall dancing. The world won't be expecting it.

If you would like a fresh perspective on Thanksgiving, check out Julie Dao's post, Stuck in Traffic . . .Or a Reality Check!

And . . .this added after I wrote the post - please pray for my Dad. He has pneumonia, a high temp, and will be in the hosptial for the next three days. On a good note, he still has his sense of humor and it was funny hearing him tell the admitting doctor about all of his injuries - mainly because he kept not mentioning them, and the doctor would move on, and then my dad would tell him about another one. I'm thankful that he is in good spirits and he's in good care.

Psalm 69: 30 "I will praise God’s name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving.


Psalm 150
"Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord."



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely lifting your dad up. Praying his health is fully restored quickly.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks Julie!!!

Luanne G. Smith said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! I think I could get behind the road-dancing craze.

And I do hope your father gets better soon.

Brinda said...

I've never heard of road dancing, but it sounds like more fun than road rage. Sending prayers for your dad...

Angela Brown said...

Prayer availeth much so sending the prayers up that healing come down.

Also saw Wreck it Ralph with my daughter. Rather enjoyed it as much as she did.

And when I read that Road dancing, I could help thinking of that Madagascar II scene where Alex the lion is getting ready to fight for his right to stay in the pride and his opponent is all, "Not dance dance, dance FIGHT!" and poor Alex commenced to do some West Side Story moves straight into a butt kicking lol!!! Wait, I hope that doesn't happen to anybody :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Will definitely be praying for your father! Sounds like with his attitude, he won't let anything get him down.
Didn't get out to see Wreck-it Ralph, but now I want to.

Dana said...

Prayers for your dad.

I love the idea of Road Dancing!

michelle said...

Road dancing - I like the sound of that.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Praying for your dad and wishing him a speedy recovery!

Tyrean Martinson said...

LG - Thanks!

Brinda - Definitely more fun that road rage - and Thanks!

Angela - Love the Madagascar moment!

Alex - Thanks for your thoughts.

Dana - Thanks!

Michelle - Thanks! And Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Carol Riggs said...

Sorry to hear your dad has pneumonia and is in the hospital. :( Prayers commencing.

I haven't heard of Wreck-It Ralph; probably a lot of the gaming references would be lost on me too. :) I am staying AWAY from malls and stores on Friday! I'll shop any day except that one. Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

quietspirit said...

I will pray for your dad. My idea of shopping on Friday is I get to choose when I go out, usually mid afternoon. I don't like the crowds.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I'll definitely add him to my prayers.

Wreck-It Ralph sounds like my kind of movie :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Carol - Thanks for your prayers. We only go out on Friday at about mid-morning with the intention of finding maybe one or two things and possibly renewing our cell phone plan - it's actually cheaper that day - but we don't fight the crowds, we smile at them.

quietspirit - That's how we shop on Fridays after Thanksgiving too. Thanks for your prayers.

Lynda - Thanks for your prayers! Wreck It Ralph is great!

Tara Tyler said...

hey woman! you won! must not have gotten the email.

email me, taratylertalks@gmail.com

and wreck it ralph was awesome!!
happy Tday!

Tara Tyler said...

and prayers for your dad!!

Nickie said...

Prayers your way for your dad. Hope he's feeling better soon!

I did a lot of 'road dancing' on my drive yesterday. I try not to get carried away in the road rage, because I know that makes me a less safe driver. I usually turn up my radio instead until my blood pressure returns to normal.

Jessica Nelson said...

Your dad sounds like a funny guy. :-) I hope he recovers quickly!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Tara - THANKS!!!!

Jessica - He is . . .and thanks!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Nickie - Glad you had fun road dancing!