Friday, November 16, 2012

I Miss You Blogfest, Bright Star Release, and Jousting!

It's here, the Oh How I Miss You Blogfest, co-hosted by Ninja Captain Alex Andrew and Matthew.

Three bloggers I really miss:

Melissa from Through the Looking Glass hasn't blogged since May 2011, but I still haven't taken her off my blog roll list. Why? Because I miss her humor, her wonderfully fresh and honest posts, and her sparkling personality. I don't know what happened to her, but I miss her presence in blogland.

Carissa Taylor is a blogger I found just last year near the end of A to Z. I felt like I just started to get to know Carissa and her sense of humor, and then she disappeared. Come back Carissa!

Nikki at Inspire Nordic dropped off the blog-sphere unexpectedly in September. Again, I was a fairly new follower. I admit I probably didn't stop by often enough to let her know how much I liked her Nordic, family, and writing inspired posts.

One of the many bloggers I would really miss if he stopped blogging:
The Amazing, Spectacular, Always Encouraging Ninja Captain Alex!
I know this is a given. Every blogger I know could name Alex. Why? Because he is always supportive, always upbeat, always encouraging, always helpful. His posts are witty, and he always takes time to highlight other writers and bloggers. He rocks the word encouragement like no one else I know in the blogworld.

Thank you Alex, Andrew, and Matthew for hosting!!!

and in other news . . .news that I wish I had released earlier in the week . . .


Bright Star Book Release
My awesome critique partner Nickie Anderson released her newest book Bright Star.







It's bad enough that Sadira Pascal's father doesn't make it home to celebrate her fifteenth birthday. He might be a busy hovership engineer pulling overtime on a new design, but he's always been home for the important things. It's worse when she discovers her father decided to ride on the maiden voyage of his newest ship, the CAS Bright Star, without even telling her. But things really fall apart during Sadira's field trip with her class to observe the hovership launch. Instead of a successful flight, she watches the Bright Star fall out of the sky.
 

Available at Amazon B&N Smashwords and listed on GoodReads

I highly recommend this book. I've read it twice, and I plan on reading it again! Nickie has created a new and interesting world with compelling characters with secrets to uncover.


Hear Ye, Hear Ye! This is the last day to participate in M Pax's Jousting Tournament. Pray tell if you have stopped by and given a loud Huzzah to your favorite knights this week. Knight Light has been flickering in and out of action, but I'm still on the field (I think). Pray tell is the phrase you need to double each Huzzah!

And Tara Tyler and Cassie Mae are having a 500 follower giveaway with awesome prizes!

34 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Aw, thank you Tyrean! I try.
I have a couple bloggers who haven't posted in a long time, but they are still listed in my sidebar, just in case.
Championed you today at Mary's!
And congratulations to Nicki.
Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

Angela Brown said...

Hark Knight Light. Ghost Knight here to bid ye a hello and agree with ye's choice of who you'd miss. I miss Alex as well :-)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - Thanks for championing me at Marys!!

Angela - Hark Ghost Knight, glad we agree!

Unknown said...

Gosh I missed this blog hop! Just shows that blogging is important if people miss you when you stop (I'd miss you if you stopped!) Have a great weekend.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Susan - I would miss you too. Have a great weekend!!!

Emily R. King said...

I'd miss Alex a lot too. I'd also miss you, Tyrean!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

The blogging world wouldn't survive if Alex quit.

I cheered for you again today.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tyrean - I'm so pleased to read Jessica is recovering .. that must have been a very challenging time for her parents and their family and friends ..

I hope you find one or two of your long lost blogging friends .. and as you say here's to Alex ..

Cheers Hilary

Suzanne Furness said...

Think we would all miss Alex! Hope you hear from some of your absent bloggers soon :)

PR said...

I have Alex as one of mine too, haha he will get loads of mentions today! Cool Knight name!:)

Allison said...

Alex must be on everyone's list of bloggers they would miss :) Good post!

Allison (Geek Banter)

Anonymous said...

Yes, we'd all miss Alex. I'm sad when one of my favorites takes a break too!

David P. King said...

Glad to see you on the prowl! Who wouldn't miss Alex, right? I'd say he's the appoint glue of the blogosphere. Or duck tape. The force is stronger with that one. :)

Cassie Mae said...

Aww, thanks for mentioning the giveaway! And I have a few A to Z friends I miss terribly!

Jessie Humphries said...

Sometimes when I participate in these blogfests it makes me realize just how out of touch I really am. Must do better!

Jack said...

This new book looks exciting! Hopefully I can find it somewhere.

Matthew MacNish said...

We'd all be way worse off without our Ninja Captain Alex!

M Pax said...

Congrats to Nickie! That's very exciting.

I'm glad I bumped into you Tyrean. :D This community is a fantastic one. My days would be so much duller without you.

Nancy Thompson said...

I think Alex is going to win the Most Mentioned Award.

Livia Peterson said...

Right on with Alex! I would miss Alex so much if he stopped blogging! Alex has changed lives of others and continues to do so! He's amazing!

Like Nancy said, I think Alex is going to win the Most Mentioned Award!

Great choices! :)

mshatch said...

I miss Through the Looking Glass, too.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Emily - aww, thanks . . I would miss you too!

Diane - Thanks for cheering me on at the joust! And I agree - the blogging world would not be the same cheery place without Alex!

Hilary - Cheers! I hope I find a few of those lost ones again too.

Suzanne - me too - I even e-mailed one of them . . .

Anna - Alex deserves it! And Thanks!

Allison - Thanks!

Julie - I know what you mean . . .

David - I agree. The force is strong in him (Alex). Good to see you today. :-)

Cassie - You're welcome!

Jessie - I know what you mean!

Jack - I'll post more details next week -but you can find it at smashwords and amazon.

Matthew - agreed!

M Pax - Thanks! I'm glad I bumped into you too.

Nancy - I hope so!

Livia - He has been a huge force of good in the blog world!

mshatch - glad I'm not the only one.

Ink in the Book said...

Hey! Thanks for sharing the books. They look interesting:) I think the blog world would be really sad without Alex...

Golden Eagle said...

Melissa was a cool blogger--I miss her, too.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Alex is ONE POPULAR guy today... WELL deserved.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I'd miss Alex too. Great choices!

Cherie Reich said...

Now that you mention it, Nikki at Inspire Nordic hasn't been around. I hope she's all right.

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey,

Thanks for the follow and I'll be back to "pick your brains" on homeschooling... I am such a rookie :)

Tara Tyler said...

so sad to lose friends from anywhere...
and where would we be w/o alwx!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I have a few on my blog list that hardly ever post too, I have faith...they'll be back!

Libby said...

It's sad when you follow a blog that you really enjoy, and it stops. Here's to hoping they return one day. :)

Dani said...

You know... it just gets to be hard work sometimes, all this blogging. Nice to meet you through the Blogfest!

Nick Wilford said...

It's sad when bloggers drop off the radar. Hopefully they'll be back when they're ready.

Congrats to Nickie! Her book sounds intriguing.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Ink - I agree!

Golden Eagle - I'm glad you remember her too!

Michael - very well deserved!

Joylene - Thanks!

Cherie - I hope so too!

Mark - Thanks! Homeschooling is so different from family to family - which is one reason it's really cool - but I would be happy to help any way that I can.

Tara - agreed!

Elizabeth - I like that!

Libby - yes, we have hope that they will!

Dani - it does. Nice to meet you too!

Nick - I hope so too.