Monday, June 17, 2013

Writers's Workshop Plans and Procrastination

I'm totally writing by the seat of my pants here. I should be:

Getting my notes in order.
Prepping handouts.
Making sure my outfit is ready to go.

For:
A Writers' Workshop

When: Tonight

Where: At my church - One Hope Church.

Who's invited: all writers I know, plus anyone who actually reads the flyers I put up at the library and local coffee shops.

Who's presenting/hosting: Me.

AAAAH! (That's my running around, a little nervous, freak out moment)

What I'm doing right now: watching my oldest daughter do algebra and surfing the net.

Otherwise known as: totally procrastinating.

Oh, yay! She needs my help. I have an excuse!

Oh . . . wait, no she doesn't

 I think I'm going to get my outfit ready - I'm actually going to wear something nicer than jeans and a t-shirt (work attire for the homeschool mom and writer).

And then, I'll finish my notes. (There almost halfway finished)

And then I'll print out my handouts.

Big, deep breath.

Back to work.

Obviously, I wasn't planning to post today, but I'll be visiting belatedly tomorrow, and I'll be back to report on the Writers' Workshop on Wednesday. See you around the 'sphere!

14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You'll be fine! Deep breath.

D.E. Malone said...

Good luck to you!

quietspirit said...

I understand your frustration. When I have something important to do. I have to set a personal deadline in the hopes that I can have a few days to rest and relax. I get too nervous when I procrastinate and leave everything to the last minute. The I run the risk of getting 'sick.'

Anonymous said...

Thіs is a very good tіp especiallу to those
freѕh to the blogosρhеrе. Short but vеry аccurate information… Apprеcіate your shаring this one.

A must read poѕt!

Feel fгee to surf tо my weblog: noѕe jоb ()

Simply Sarah said...

Good luck! Oh, and I agree that t shirts and jeans are the homeschool mom's uniform. I can't remember the last time I wore something else.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I hope it went well and you got flooded with eager writer people! I completely understand the procrastination, though :-)

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'm sure it'll go fine. I'd be nervous and procrastinating too.

Michelle Wallace said...

How exciting! Hope it went well...?
Writer In Transit

Emily R. King said...

I'm sure you did great!

Morgan said...

OOoooo... how did it go??? You must give us the update!

Tara Tyler said...

thats awesome! i know you did a terrific job! cant wait to hear about it!

M Pax said...

You'll do great! You know the topic. Breathe and have fun.

Heather R. Holden said...

Good luck! It can be so hard not to procrastinate sometimes...

Mark Means said...

Hope you had fun! It sounds like a blast....nervousness aside :)