Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Writer's Workshop Report and Men of Foxwick Reveal!

Writer's Workshop Report

Despite my last minute panic, all went really, really well! I had jotted down notes for myself and thought through them so many times that typing them up came quickly, and when I presented materials and started discussions I barely glanced at my typed notes.

We had a small group, just 14 of us, but I think it's going to be a good group for later meetings - we're going to meet every 3rd Monday night - I'm excited! The next meetings will run a bit differently than this one, with less presenting by me. (Yay!) I did discover that I am a little more knowledgeable about writing than I give myself credit for . . . it was a pleasant surprise.

There's probably more I could say about that, but I'm going for a short post today so I can show off Cherie Reich's newest book:

 
Men of Foxwick by Cherie Reich is now available! This fantasy short story collection features five men from the Kingdom of Foxwick.
A blind teen seeks a place in the kingdom. A dragon seer journeys to Wintermill to spy on the queen. A sword master’s worst fear comes true when he fails to protect the royal family. A king falls in love with an herb witch, but will she feel the same way? A hunter will rise to the challenge to hunt down a man-eating monster.
For more information about Men of Foxwick, please visit Cherie Reich’s blog. Also, Cherie has a special announcement for her email newsletter subscribers. Click here to sign up for her updates and receive a coupon for a free copy of Women of Foxwick.
 
 

16 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

I'm glad to hear the writer's workshop went so well!

Thank you so much for featuring Men of Foxwick on your blog today! I really appreciate it. :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Glad to hear that the writer's workshop went well. Good luck to Cherie!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You're much smarter than you think! Glad it went well.
And excited for Cherie.

Cherie Reich said...

Thank you, Rachna and Alex!

LD Masterson said...

I'm glad the workshop was a success. See, no worries.

M Pax said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, Tyrean. Neat that you have your own writers group going.

Yip yip for Cherie! :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

congrats to Cherie!
Your workshop sounds like it was brilliant.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

So happy it went well. Wish we had a group like that here. There is a writer's group that's been around forever, but it consists of all the old English teachers from our community college and they are a bit snooty.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Glad the workshop went well! I think we're usually poor judges of how much knowledge we really, truly have when it comes to writing. :)

Cherie Reich said...

Thank you, Mary and Lynda! :)

Mark Means said...

14 is an impressive turnout for a workshop and best of luck with it :)

Congrats to Cherie, it looks like a fun book!

Cherie Reich said...

Thank you, Mark. :)

Christine Rains said...

Cherie's book is fantastic! Glad to hear you had a great time at the workshop.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Mark is right. 14 for a first meeting is great. They'll tell two friends...and so on...and so on...

Heather R. Holden said...

Glad to hear the workshop went well! It's nice when all that panic ends up being for nothing. :)

Hurray for Cherie, too! Her new book looks great!

Cherie Reich said...

Thank you, Christine and Heather!