Friday, June 21, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things and Tiny Hiatus



This week I'm celebrating:

1. Writer's Workshop on Monday! 14 writers, one host (me), and it went well.

2. Lots of exercise this week: I walked 1-3 miles each day Monday through Friday, biked Tuesday through Friday between 6 and 7.7 miles each day, and did some stretching. I'm hoping to do a bit of swimming this weekend, and maybe a short bit of biking.

3. Finished the print proof of Dragonfold and Other Adventures, and uploaded it to Createspace. I'm 90% finished formatting the ebook edition, and will get one-on-one tutoring in creating a linked table of contents this weekend from my husband. (It's official release date is July 3rd!)

4. Looking forward to tonight's dance recital - my oldest will be in a jazz number and a tap number, and my youngest is in a tap number. We've scaled way back from the competitive team days when they danced 5-7 numbers at recitals, but I'm still excited to see them dance.

5. Decided to take a tiny blog hiatus next week. I haven't had a chance to visit enough this week or last, or the week before that. So I'm going visiting, and I'll be back here on Friday for a Celebrate post!

When I get back to posting I should have a schedule for all of July and some of August . . . with the hopes of starting that interview series in either late August or early September.




23 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You need time to get that book ready! Glad it's all coming together.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Excellent work on the exercise! I'm hoping to swim a bit this weekend, if the good weather holds out.

I saw my niece perform in her first ever dance recital - she's 4 1/2! - and the whole thing was so cute! :)

Cathrina Constantine said...

Sounds like your accomplishing lots! Enjoy the dance recital!

mshatch said...

You've done well on the exercise front. I wish I could say the same :(

Next week. I swear.

Laura Clipson said...

I need to get some more exercise, I don't do enough!
Have a nice break :)

Unknown said...

Yay for celebrations! Sounds like you have lots of "happies" going on for you. A hiatus is a good thing-- enjoy. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - yes, I need just a few extra hours every day. :)

Madeline - Hope you get to swim! And those first dance recitals are so sweet! :)

Cathrina - Thanks!

Marcy - That's just this week and last week . . . before that, I wasn't really getting anything done.
Next week - you'll get there!

Laura - it's worth the time and effort
Thanks!

Julie - Thanks! Yes, lots of happies lately!

SK Anthony said...

Lots of good stuff, exercising always make me feel better... you getting really fit there! :)

Have fun at the recital!

Tonja Drecker said...

That's a ton of great stuff! It doesn't sound like you've got your hands full, which is really good. Enjoy all of it.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm sure it helps that your husband knows how to do the linked TofC. I hope everything comes together before July 3rd.

Chancelet said...

Impressive exercise regime! Congrats on your book. Yes, eBooks can be a pain to format. I never knew how much more difficult it is if you have pictures. My new release never looked exactly like I wanted, but I think it's decent now. Why can't they look exactly like the file you uploaded, I'll never know! Enjoy your hiatus and catching up on visiting. Writer’s Mark

Suzanne Furness said...

Lots of exercise this week, well done. Enjoy the dance recitals. Catch you next week.

Tyrean Martinson said...

SK - Exercise definitely makes me feel better - however, I've got a long way to go to fitness.

T. Drecker - Thanks! I'm trying to balance fun, writing, and family time.

Diane - it really helps! And I think it will. The rest of the book is already formatted for ebook - I just have to fix the ToC.

Nancy - Thanks! I'm working at trying to get fit. Ebooks are definitely harder to format, and I'm trying not to have any pictures.

Suzanne - Thanks! Dance recitals are tons of fun - especially now that I'm rarely ever a room Mom backstage.

Christine Rains said...

Excellent week! Enjoy your hiatus. :)

M Pax said...

Great on the exercise and formatting. I need a blog break sometime in the near future, but it probably won't happen. Hope the dance recital went great. :)

Karen Lange said...

Congrats on all your accomplishments! Sounds like you have much to look forward to as well. Have a wonderful break! :)

Heather R. Holden said...

Oh, so many awesome things to celebrate this week--yay you! I'm so impressed by all the exercise you did. Congrats on finishing the print proof, and good luck with the last of the formatting!

Michelle Wallace said...

A great list of celebrations Tyrean!
Enjoy the blog break!

Meredith said...

Enjoy you mini break. And congrats on the book. Exciting news :) Hope the dance recital was fantastic! See you next week!

Meredith
Meredith’s Musings

VikLit said...

Go YOU on the exercise, that's v. good! I have just started to do some running again this week.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you all!!! I'm visiting first, and then coming back!

Mark Means said...

Great job on the exercise....way to go! :)

Have a restful hiatus and see you when you return :)

Nickie said...

I'm trying to get more walking in, too (wild blackberries along the road are a strong motivator!) Enjoy your hiatus, and keep up the writing :)