Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hiatus on Hold, and Write Club!

I'm putting my hiatus on hold. That sounds odd, but there it is.

However, I will take one in late July - a long, long one. I'll say more about that when I get closer to it.

Something I've been meaning to talk about:



1st RULE: You MUST talk about WRiTE CLUB - Spread the word far and wide so we can involve as many writers as possible. Display the WRiTE CLUB banner prominently on your own blog. Write a post about it. Tweet it. Mention it on Facebook. Heck, send up smoke signals if you can.
So, I'm talking about it. I'm joining in on the fun this year. Last time I voted, but didn't know fi I was supposed to since I wasn't signed up. I've seen Write Club several years now, and I've thought it looked really cool, so this year, I entered and I'm voting.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about WRiTE CLUBOnce the competition begins you are not allowed to solicit votes. All of the writing entries are anonymous, and we want it to stay that way. This is not a popularity contest!
I'm excited to read the entries. Every year, I've been impressed. I don't think I would feel comfortable soliciting votes, and I think this second rule is just plain fair, and I'm thankful that it's part of the contest.

In fact, I'm just thankful for the way that DL brings out the best writing, the best comments, and the best in people around the blogsphere. He's a great guy.

Have you joined Write Club? Know DL? A visit to his site is always worthwhile and thought-provoking.

And now, I'm going to go visit. Somehow, I am going to catch up in the next few days . . . I hope.

17 comments:

Misha Gerrick said...

WRiTE CLUB is awesome, but I won't be competing this year. Too busy with edits. :-)

Laura Clipson said...

I should be competing in Write Club this year, if I ever get around to editing my piece! It'll probably be a last minute entry :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Misha - I understand. I'm in the midst of revising too.

Laura - Go for it! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hiatus on hold - that's funny.
Looking forward to another round of Write Club. Not submitting, but I am a judge. (That's scary, isn't it?)

Mark Means said...

Sounds confusing...do I talk about it? Do I -not- talk about it?? (hehe)

I don't think Write Club is for me, but best of luck to all the other 'combatants' :D

Murees Dupè said...

Wow, thank you for the info on Write Club. Believe it or not, I also saw the badge around, but I never knew what it was for. Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Samantha May said...

I'm excited for WRiTE CLUB! I didn't participate last year, but I think I will this year. Now to whip something up...

Enjoy your break from your break :)

Mark Koopmans said...

I've already submitted my piece under the name of ....

Oh wait, we're not supposed to say :)

PS... *THANKS* for the very kind words over at my blog. You seriously made my day, so cheers:)

M Pax said...

So your hiatus is on hiatus. :) I love that.

Write Club is awesome. I coached a few players and look forward to rooting everyone on.

Morgan said...

I respect DL and what he does with WriteClub so much! Such a cool event. :D

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

I shall look it up - it sounds like a great idea!

LD Masterson said...

I'm like you, I voted last year but I'm not sure I officially joined. I'd been in hiatus myself and came back half way through the "season".

Trisha said...

WriteClub is an awesome concept from DL, for sure. I haven't participated but it's fun to see the contestants battling it out :)

Maurice Mitchell said...

This is great concept and important reminders Tyrean. We've got to keep it fair.

randi lee said...

WC seems very cool--I wish I had the time to participate this year. Next year for sure!!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - I'm scared . . . No, I'm not. I think it's great that you're a judge this year.

Mark - I think we talk about it generally, but not specifically in a "me-me" kind of way . . . I hope I'm right.

Murees - You're welcome!

Samantha - great!

Mark - Cheers! :)

Mpax - we were supposed to have coaches? I may be in trouble - oh well.

Morgan - it is!

Pat - it is!

LD - my hiatus didn't really start - but it will in a bit.

Trisha - it is fun to read the entries.

Maurice - it works best that way.

Randi - next year!

Yolanda Renée said...

I'm on vacation too!

I'm trying to catch up with old friends and start participating again, I've missed it, and yet book 3 is knocking at the door.

There time for everything, isn't there?