Monday, December 3, 2012

Baby Faces, And You Are and Make Believe

Trisha at Word + Stuff is celebrating her blogiversary with Baby Faces Blogfest
Here's my entry:
 I'm not sure exactly how old I was here . . .I was 4 pds 7 oz when I was born . . .so I think this is when I was between 6-9 months. I'll have to ask my parents for earlier ones someday.
 
Happy Blogiversary Trisha!!!
 
 
Emily and Tammy are hosting the And You Are? Blog Hop today!
These are the "And You Are...?" questions:

1. How many speeding tickets have you gotten? umm, do I have to answer this? I got three before I turned 18, and I've gotten three since then.
 

2. Can you pitch a tent? It depends on the tent. If you mean one of the small, fancy ones with interlocking tent poles, then yes. (but not as fast as my husband)
 


3. What was your worst vacation ever? I love vacations, so this one is hard. Have I had a "worst" vacation? Umm. Once I slept for over 27 hours, sick from an allergic reaction on a camping trip in the middle of nowhere, but the rest of the vacation was good so that still doesn't count. I think getting sick over Christmas year after year when we visited my cousins (when I was a kid) was the worst. I thought for a while that I was allergic to Christmas. (my food allergies were unknown at that point - but ham, wheat, mayo (eggs), and corn all played a large role in Christmas dinners at my Aunt's house. Ham makes me puke repeatedly, and the others make me nauseous or break out in rashes, or worse)


4. What was the last thing you bought over $100? Groceries. Oh, you mean, a single ticket item . . .umm, each of three family season ski passes - my husband teaches lessons so his season ticket is less than $100, but the girls and I get the big ticket ski pass)


5. We're handing you the keys to what? Too many dream cars . . .a convertible VW bug, a Jeep Wrangler, or a Dodge Viper - all preferably stick shift, not automatic.


6. What was the last meal you cooked that made even you sick? A Hobo Stew I made about three years ago that not even our beagle dog would eat . . .it was really bad.


7. Fill in the blank: Oh my gosh! Becky, look at her butt! It is so big. She looks like ____? A rap guy's girlfriend? Or the back of a moving van? Or unfortunately, me. Must return to diet.


8. What was your first car? a Mazda GLC - it was an awesome car, and the one in which I received the most speeding tickets.


9. Your best friend falls and gets hurt. Do you ask if he/she's okay or laugh first? It depends on the fall . . .if it's a tripping kind of fall, then laughter.


10. What's the worst song ever? Lady in Red . . .really, it's way too slow of a slow song, and I don't like the tune.  I know that so many people love it, but I just don't. Really, really don't. The singer's voice gets on my nerves as he holds out reeeeeeeeeeeeed. AAAAGH. The bad part of this is that my husband really likes this song. Our taste in slow music is so different that we didn't have a special slow song at our wedding . . .and I love dancing with him (even cheek to cheek as long as it's not that song).
 
 
 
Lynda R. Young at W.I.P. It is celebrating the publication of her short story, Birthright, with the Make Believe Launch Party!
 
Exciting news! Lynda R. Young’s short story titled Birthright has been published by J. Taylor Publishing in the Make Believe anthology launched TODAY! Virtual cake for everyone!! Make Believe is currently available in e-book format and includes Paranormal Romance and Fantasy stories inspired by the image on the cover. This will make great holiday reading.
Birthright by Lynda R. Young
Christa can mask the pain and hide the scars, but running from a birthright is impossible.

She’s tried to escape her grief by fleeing to a small town in Florida. Much to her frustration, the locals think they recognize her even though she's never been there before. To make things worse, a man named Jack spouts outrageous theories about her.

Both spur Christa to bolt, to start fresh yet again, but there’s something about Jack that intrigues her enough to stay. The only problem? Someone else wants her to leave, and they won’t stop until she’s dead. 

Blurbs from all the stories included in Make Believe can be found on the J. Taylor Publishing website HERE.
 
About Lynda R. Young:
Lynda R. Young lives in Sydney, Australia, with her sweetheart of a husband who is her rock, and a cat who believes world domination starts in the home. She writes speculative short stories and is currently writing novels for young adults. In her spare time she also dabbles in photography and all things creative. You can find her here: Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads
Also

Donna Hosie’s Newest book, The Fire of Merlin is out and ready to read!
and
David Powers King is having a 800 Follower Build Me a Blog – Hop!

Now, I'm off to teach, and will be back to blog hop in the afternoon . . .

31 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You were cute!
Very happy for Lynda.
And good for you! Automatics are not for driving. If you really want to DRIVE a car, it has to have a stick shift.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - aww, thanks! I agree, really driving requires a stick shift!

Brinda said...

This post was the most fun ever. And you don't like the Lady in Red? I feel so bad for you about the Christmas food.

Deniz Bevan said...

Congrats to Lynda!

Love the expression in your baby photo :-)

Anonymous said...

So happy to see Lynda making the rounds.

You were a cute lil muffin head!

6 tickets? LOL-- ok that's the highest I've seen so far on this hop.

Thanks for passing on the meme. It was fun to pull together today.

Emily R. King said...

Congrats to Lynda!

I think you have the most speeding tickets so far. Yay you...? :)

And I think $100 on a ski pass is worth it, but man, have they ever gotten expensive!

ilima said...

Your pic is adorable. And these are the most tickets I've seen so far. Naughty naughty. :)

Hart Johnson said...

Oh what a cute pic! You were so tiny when you were born! I was almost twice that size.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Many of our answers were similar...I didn't copy, I swear!

Suzanne Furness said...

Cute pic, you were a tiny baby! Congrats to Lynda :)

Danette said...

Sheesh, a lot happening in the blogosphere! (Here from Trish's) Cute picture!!

Jack said...

Cute baby picture!

Ski passes can cost so much. They are worth it though. Usually. unless one breaks something.

Unknown said...

Stopping by to say hi and that i loved reading your answers. That's a lot of speeding tickets. :) Have a good day.

cleemckenzie said...

Yep! Stick shift it must be. As to the picture . . . very sweet.

Cortney Pearson said...

Cute pic--and I admit I don't know how to drive stick shift! *hides*

Angie said...

Cute picture! I loved reading your answers too. =)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Brinda - Thanks!! I had fun writing it. And the Christmas food - no problem these days. The stuff I eat is stuff that stays down and I like it.

Deniz - Thanks!

Julie - Glad you enjoyed the Meme!

Emily - yes, I have a problem with speeding, and the police never just smile and wave me on . . .they always ticket me. I don't do charming well enough, I guess.

ilima - Thanks, and I know. I don't drive a stick shift these days.

Hart - Thanks!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

aw, such a cute baby!!!!

Thanks so much, Tyrean, for posting about Make Believe and helping me celebrate the launch. You are wonderful!!!

Hugs,

Lyn

Jeff Hargett said...

Looks like there was a lot of happy in that baby. :) And glad to see someone would actually laugh first. Unless it was a bad fall, it's always funny. And the more you like the person, the funnier it is. Right?

Unknown said...

Good answers. A lot of people bought groceries. I didn't even think of that. New follower - please consider following me.
Java With Jambor

Unknown said...

Ok, so I saw the first four letters of your blog and/or name listed on the And Who Are You? blog hop and seriously wondered if I had already responded to it. It is a special day when I find one person with a name any where similar to mine :)

Azara said...

"Or unfortunately, me. Must return to diet." Me too. Boo.

Rebekah Loper said...

Yay, another person who had a Mazda for their first car!

Ugh, being a child that thinks you're allergic to Christmas must be a nightmare. I bet you were relieved when you figured out you weren't, lol!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Congratulations to Lynda! What a beautiful cover. I prefer to drive stick shift, too. Once upon a time we had a Wrangler. We added a lift and actually went off-roading and camping in the mountains a lot. We traded it in for a Jeep Liberty Renegade, though. Some day hubby will get his Wrangler back, but I'm not losing my Renegade! ;-p Cute picture!

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Tammy Theriault said...

agreeing with you on the song...speed that crap up!!

Trisha said...

LOL. I'm a "Lady in Red" fan, but I wouldn't say it's one that I deliberately seek out in desperation to listen to. Still, I don't share the hatred.

SUCH a cute baby pic of you! Thanks for sharing :D

and GO LYNDA!!!

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes said...

Nice to meet you. 27 hours of sleep sounds unreal, but I guess it would make for a bad vacation. Oh, and I am I allowed to say that I like Lady in Red. I played too.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Elizabeth -Cool! I didn't copy either.

Suzanne - Thanks!

Danette - Always lots going on, and thanks!

Jack - ski passes are way expensive but almost always worth it!

Dianne - Thanks for stopping by!

Cleemckenzie - Glad I'm not the only one who likes to drive stick shifts, and thanks!

Cortney - Thanks! and that's ok - you can always learn!

Angie - Thank you!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Lynda - Thank you! Hugs!

Jeff - Right!

A.L. - I'll be at your blog in minutes!

Tyrese - it's always awesome to meet someone with a similar name!

Azara - know what you mean. Boo.

Rebekah - I was really relieved to find out that I wasn't!

Shannon - Thanks! and thanks for sharing your Wrangler memories!

Tammy - so glad someone else feels the same way!

Trisha -thanks! It's ok on the song thing. I know a lot of people love it. I just don't.

Rhonda - Thanks for stopping by, and yes, you're allowed to say it, just don't make me listen to it . . .sorry.

michelle said...

You were such a cutie-pie... lovely picture...
I love my stick shift too!
Congrats to Lynda - I love the cover picture, it's stunning!

Anonymous said...

What a stunning cover for Make Believe.

And thank you so much for mentioning my release :)