Monday, July 30, 2012

My Little(Huge) Writing Gets Published

"There are no small parts, only small actors."

This phrase jumps into my mind today as my tiny poem "Fruit Sale Cinquain" hits Every Day Poets.

I often think of my poetry writing as my "little" writing.

It is really short, tiny even, compared to my novel writing that has yet to be published.

And yet my poetry and short stories have been my giant in my publishing life.

Just check out my publication page here.

What do you see?

Poetry and short stories.

So, if there are no small parts, only small actors - have I become a small minded writer by belittling my own publications just because they are limited in word count?

Hmm. I think it's something I need to remedy.

So I'm going to shout it from the rooftops today.

I'VE BEEN PUBLISHED!!!!!

The word count is tiny, but the part of my poetry in my writing life is HUGE.

Do you belittle your own writing?

And if so, do you think it's time to change and start shouting out your accomplishments?

 If you would like to read a poem in less than 30 seconds, check out Fruit Sale Cinquain at Every Day Poets.