Sunday, June 24, 2012

Road Trip!!!

(photo from here)
Road Trip !!!

My family and I are off on a much needed grand adventure!

With only 9 nights of hotel stays nailed down, and 14 days of driving ahead of us, we'll be making a few stops in the unknown. (This is wild for me, since I'm usually a mega planner for trips)

We're headed to a friends house first, then Arches, the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas (where we'll be hanging out with friends who have a working farm outside the city), Anaheim, San Francisco, Redwoods, friends and family in Oregon, Portland's Powell's bookstore (largest bookstore in the world), and then home again.

I'll be here in the blog world for two events - the Shh! It's a secret blog hop and the Insecure Writers Support Group. I might post a few pics from our trip from the road, but I won't really be present more than two to three days in the blogsphere in the next few weeks.

I'll miss you all, but I need this break.


7 comments:

D.E. Malone said...

The Utah-Arizona canyon country is one of my most favorite areas. And I'd love to get to Portland one of these years. Have fun and safe travels to you!

Anonymous said...

Have fun. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a major road trip! Enjoy yourself. My wife and I are taking a trip this coming weekend.

Barbara Watson said...

Enjoy! That's LOTS of miles! I've heard about the joys of Powell's and can't wait for a chance to visit.

Tara Tyler said...

have a wonderful, stress free trip!!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Dawn - so far we've had a wonderful, beautiful drive!

Linda - Thanks!!!

Alex - Yes, it is! Have fun this weekend with your wife!

Barbara - We had our longest driving yesterday - 4 states in one day - Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and into Utah. Powell's is great!

Tara - Thanks!!

Joy said...

Have a great trip. Yea Powell's! I love going there.