J is for Joy! and other blessings too . . .
Official dictionary.com definitions of Joy:
1. the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation
2. a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated
3. the expression or display of glad feeling
4. a state of happiness or felicity. –verb (used without object)
5. to feel joy; be glad; rejoice. –verb (used with object)
6. to gladden.
Interestingly enough, my definition of joy is a bit different.
To me, Joy is a deep inner gladness that is beyond circumstances or time. Joy is a deep welling up of thanksgiving and gladness that comes from knowing the Lord Jesus as my Savior, as knowing the Lord as my Creator, at knowing the Holy Spirit dwells within me undeservedly.
What is joy to you?
Giving thanks for Joy and other random J Blessings like Jumping:
2. Jumping for Jesus!
3. The Jump for Jesus song with Phredd - looking forward to jumping with my kids in the Creation Fest Kids Tent this summer.
4. Jumping for Joy!
6. Jumping rope for fun.
7. Jumping rope with tap shoes.
8. Jumping as high as possible - defeating gravity for just a second.
I know this isn't my best post, but I am glad/joyful that I can participate even at a minimum in this A to Z challenge, and continue my blessings count.
"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him."