My poem, "april second", is out today at Every Day Poets. Just click here: april second at Every Day Poets to check it out. I'm pretty excited about this one, even if my faith seems a little clouded with bitterness at the beginning, I think it begins to come clear near the latter half.
On a side note - I apologize for the length of yesterday's post. I understand, especially now after reading so many, that during A to Z, I might need to keep my posts a wee bit shorter. And now, on to B.
B is for Blessings! Blessings are amazing in number, variety, size, and strength. Once you get started looking for them, they are everywhere.
I challenged myself nearly a year ago to start a 365 Day Blessing Count Challenge, and it has been an interesting adventure. I can't say I've been succesful in finding brand new, completely original blessings each day, but I keep trying. And in trying, I've found blessings from the blessings.
Have you ever tried to count your blessings or develop an attitude of gratitude? How did it go?
Do you see any blessings around you right now?
These are just ten of the many blessings I've received from counting blessings:
1. The Blessing of a better attitude.
2. The Blessing of deeper faith.
3. The Blessing of sweeter relationships with my husband, my kids, and my whole family.
4. The Blessing of encouragement from friends and family.
5. The Blessing of brighter hope.
6. The Blessing of rainbow moments - finding the good in the midst of the rain.
7. The Blessing of living a "surround sound-HD" real life that has become more clear with every count.
8. The Blessing of joy.
9. The Blessing of growth.
10. The Blessing of thanksgiving that is like a gifts that keeps returning and spreading.
Blessed Scripture Blessings (there are really too many to add here):
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I say: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4